About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
The Technical Solutions organization at Index is a global group of innovative technologists who sit at the intersection of Sales, Account Management, Product Development and Marketing. This unique perspective creates an opportunity for our teams to influence our customer’s experience through the full lifecycle with Index.
We’re looking for a Solutions Consultant – Mobile App Specialist to advance our best practices for integrating and monetizing mobile app supply and drive adoption of our solutions for the mobile app channel. You will be responsible for working in a cross-functional team to build thought leadership, implement new standards and processes, and drive success for our top mobile app publisher and buyers. This is an exciting time to join Index as we continue to help shape the future of the mobile app supply chain and in-app marketplace.
If you have mobile app development experience, enjoy a fast-paced environment full of interesting challenges, and want the opportunity to create new solutions to help mobile app developers monetize their digital content, then this role is the right fit for you.
What We’re Looking For:
- Mobile App Expertise: You have a very good understanding of mobile app development, SDKs, and the mobile advertising ecosystem. You are deeply knowledgeable about in-app supply integration and monetization. You are curious in nature and take interest in understanding new trends in the mobile app and gaming space and learning emerging technologies in mediation for in-app supply.
- Customer Focused: You will use your knowledge of the mobile advertising ecosystem and your expertise in Index’s mobile app offering to uncover new opportunities for mobile app publishers to increase revenue and drive greater demand while following industry best practices. You are comfortable handling complex technical questions and you are tenacious at finding new and creative ways to solve technical challenges. You communicate clearly with customers and internal teams and convey complex technology and solutions as simple, accessible, and easy to understand concepts.
- Collaborative: Index prides itself on collaboration and knowledge sharing to positively impact the success of our customers. You partner effectively with cross-functional teams to launch new products and capabilities, implement new operational processes, and generate insights to improve the customer experience. You contribute to the culture of learning and growth at Index by participating in regular knowledge share sessions to both teach and learn new strategies for optimizing customer performance.
- Results Driven: You thrive in an extremely fast-paced, demanding, and results-driven environment with a laser focus on delivering against customer objectives.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Drive efficient technical integration of in-app supply and contribute as a mobile app SME to defining new processes and best practices for SDK integrations.
- Regularly test and review customer integrations to ensure optimal performance and resolve technical issues and data discrepancies.
- Serve as a trusted technical advisor for our strategic mobile app publishers. Provide solutions to address customer business challenges, objectives, and opportunities.
- Gain deep technical understanding of Index products for in-app monetization, collect customer feedback, and participate in the testing and release of new products and features.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends, integration protocols, and best practices.
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in mobile app and/or SDK development in Java and Objective C
- 2+ years experience working with mobile app publishers and game studios (Activision Blizzard, Scopely), mobile SSPs (AppLovin, MoPub, IronSource, Digital Turbine, InMobi), and/or mobile measurement providers (Adjust)
- Familiarity with mobile advertising formats (interstitials and rewarded video), ad rendering methodologies (VAST, VPAID, VMAP, MRAID), and CPI-based performance advertising campaigns
- Familiarity with mobile device types, mobile operating systems and SDKs (Android, iOS, Nimbus, Aequus, Meson), mobile advertising identifiers (GAID, IDFA)
- Familiarity with in-app programmatic advertising and measurement protocols and integration methodologies (OpenRTB, OM SDK, SKAN, Prebid, Amazon TAM, Google OB)
- Experience with network traffic inspection tools (Charles Proxy, Proxyman, Fiddler)
- Knowledge of SQL and experience querying complex datasets to view trends, identify anomalies, and diagnose root causes
- Familiarity with Kafka and other data streaming technologies a plus
- Familiarity with BI tools like Looker and Redash a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with a persuasive and success-driven personality
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.