About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We're looking for a Senior Ad Operations Specialist to support our Exchange Quality Team. This position reports directly to our Senior Manager, Quality Assurance, based in Toronto and will work closely with members of the Legal & Compliance team.
The Fraud Specialist is an influential member of the Exchange Quality team at Index Exchange who are responsible for upholding Index Exchange’s commitment to providing clean and fraud-free exchange and a transparent ecosystem for both advertisers and publishers. This is carried out across ad quality and traffic quality systems and procedures designed to maximize media integrity. This team collaborates closely with external vendors and internal Account Management teams to monitor fraudulent activity across accounts (websites, apps, OTT). If you have a strong attention to detail and enjoy a fast-paced environment with natural curiosity and passion for mitigating fraud, this position is perfect for you.
What We’re Looking For:
- Problem Solver: You are tenacious at finding solutions and find creative ways to solve problems while working with others amicably and presenting your viewpoints
- Self-Starter: Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work with limited direction
- Passion and Energy: Are you passionate about removing fraudsters from monetizing ad tech?
- Zealous about Data: Do you have a quantitative aptitude and enjoy analyzing data and making recommendations?
- Roll up Your Sleeves Attitude: While not often, the best way to accomplish the task at hand or investigate will be to get your hands dirty, and you’re not afraid of a little dirt.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- You will detect and prevent fraudulent activity with respect to the Invalid Traffic, scams, spoofing of client accounts by:
- Analyzing alerts from various threat intelligence sources by using various fraud detection tools and assessing probability and impact of the threat.
- Making time-sensitive decisions about best remediation efforts with the customers based on analysis impact and potential loss in collaboration with Partner Development
- Share information, trends quickly to and reports summaries of the fraud activity impacting the ecosystem.
- Manage the vendor reporting or provide feedback on improving reporting needs
- Raising awareness on emerging fraud trends industry groups to ensure we are taking a stand with fraud.
- Conducting independent investigations (using technology-based fraud monitoring) on suspicious activity, including preparing investigative reports with findings and recommendations gathered from analysis.
- Collaborating with internal teams and external stakeholders to lead efficiency or fraud related initiatives.
- Identifying and recommending new technology and/or new processes to detect and prevent fraud.
- Gain deep technical understanding of our products, perform competitor research and remain current in industry and technology trends
- Knowledge and curiosity of cyber security trends within the programmatic ecosystem.
Here's What You Need:
- 3+ years of experience in a software company or Ad Tech industry
- Expertise in Programmatic Advertising (SSPs, DSPs, RTB, DFP, Ad Servers, Video Players etc)
- You are proficient in synthesizing analysis into actionable threat briefings.
- Combination of excellent technical, product and business skills
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- 3-year degree in a related field
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.