About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Index Exchange is seeking a Communications Manager to support public relations, speaking engagements, thought leadership, and internal communications for their corporate communications function. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-4 years of public relations agency experience or internal PR/comms experience focused on advertising or technology industries.
Qualified candidates must have experience working with a diverse portfolio of stakeholders including executives, partners, customers, and the media. Along with superior writing, research, and organizational skills, the individual must have a proven track record of pitching and securing stories touching on the media, advertising, and ad tech industries, with the ability to develop thoughtful, creative, and timely communication strategies. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Communications based in New York and will work closely with members of the Global Marketing and Communications team.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of Index Exchange, our leadership team, our product suite, objectives, and priorities, as well as the media and ad technology industry and landscape
- Develop and draft press releases, OpEds, pitches, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, speaking abstracts, award submissions, and other external and internal written communications
- Identify and secure profile, speaking, and media opportunities for leadership, commercial, product, and engineering teams
- Contribute to interview and speaking preparations for executives including the development of presentations, talking points, briefing documents, and other written and visual materials
- Serve as lead for media monitoring, reporting, and trendspotting for Index press coverage; compile clips and track all press coverage
- Maintain internal databases including calendar of communications initiatives, industry events, relevant editorial lists, media lists, and awards and submission deadlines
Here's What You Need:
- Exceptional verbal, writing, and communications skills and superior attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders, including senior executives
- Existing press relationships within the advertising, media, and technology space
- Ability to think and act both tactically and strategically
- High energy contributor with professional and pleasant interpersonal communications skills
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Desire to remain informed about emerging platforms and trends, especially in the advertising and tech space
- Understanding of news cycle, social media channels, and online tools including Google Docs and Slack
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-4+ years of overall experience
- Strong Communication Skills: You must exhibit the ability to communicate clearly and be able to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders. The right fit will be able to interact with multiple levels and departments within the organization.
- Superior Attention to Detail: The communications team is working on many simultaneous projects at any given time. The leader of this team must have a passion for organization and project management.
- Self-Motivation: You should have excellent time management skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment and be self-motivated to achieve great results.
- Team-Player Mentality: Folks with a positive, can-do attitude will be most successful. We need someone with great management skills who can inspire the team, fostering trust within the entire MarComm organization.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.