About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
About The Role:
We’re looking for a Senior Instructional Designer to design, create, and publish compelling e-learning courses, presentations, job aids, and other content to meet learning objectives. The ideal candidate will have at least 5-6 years of experience as an instructional designer, preferably in the advertising or technology industries.
This position reports directly to the Director of Learning & Development based in North America and will work closely with other members of theLearning and Development team, third-party vendors, and subject matter experts from across the organization.
This is a temporary, full-time position with a contract period of 1 year.
What We’re Looking For:
- Passion for Digital Learning: You consider yourself an “e-learning hero” dedicated to creating impactful online learning.
- Strong Visualization Skills: You enjoy translating complex technical concepts into simple, elegant graphics that communicate key learning objectives.
- Project Management Muscle: Strong planning and project management skills allow you to manage multiple priorities and pivot with agility when circumstances change or a new direction is set.
- Strong Communication Skills: You can communicate clearly and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Superior Attention to Detail: You are highly detail-oriented, able to adhere to and enforce brand and corporate guidelines.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Work cross-functionally with subject matter experts from across the company globally to deliver effective eLearning and video content to meet learning objectives.
- Build new learning content using eLearning authoring tools, like Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, PowerPoint, HTML and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Keep learning content regularly updated to ensure content accuracy.
- Serve as an educational expert, providing consultation in designing and publishing online training content.
- Review learning consumption and survey data to drive updates to content and delivery method.
- Manage creative production workflows with external vendors.
- Maintain and communicate project timelines and deliverables to keep all collaborators and stakeholders updated on progress.
- Manage a junior Instructional Designer as we continue to build the team.
Here's What You Need:
- Extensive experience developing e-learning content using the Articulate suite (Rise, Storyline, Studio, etc.), TechSmith products (SnagIt, Camtasia), and Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, AfterEffects, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Experience with LMS architecture and deployment within a corporate learning environment; experience working in Docebo a plus
- In-depth knowledge of instructional design, adult learning principles, and best practices for e-learning development
- A high degree of comfort working with and editing video content
- Proven organizational and project management skills; able to work on and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Background in graphic design is a strong plus.
- Experience working in advertising technology is a plus.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.