About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Index Exchange is seeking a Country Manager for the Italian market. Reporting to the Regional Managing Director - Southern Europe, this role requires a strong leader who has a deep understanding of the local programmatic eco-system and who has developed and nurtured strong relationships with executive leaders at publishers, agencies and other stakeholders across the digital marketing landscape.
This is a highly visible, market-facing position that requires strong organizational skills, solid leadership, strategic thinking, professionalism, and an ability to build and nurture trusted relationships with executive decision makers.
What We’re Looking For:
The primary objective of the role is to ensure that Index Exchange can operate at scale in the country. This means must build and nurture strong relationships on the buy-side and ensure Index Exchange has a seat at the table as the large agency groups undergo a transformation brought on by the adoption of programmatic advertising.
It also means leading the drive to grow scale on the supply side by solidifying existing publisher relationships and working closely with the Publisher Sales organization to develop new relationships.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
Executive Level Client and Partner Engagement
Working closely with the Regional Managing Director, the Country Manager will:
- Establish growth targets by working with key stakeholders on tactical execution designed to meet and exceed goals
- Represent Index Exchange by becoming a key stakeholder at the IAB and other industry bodies. Ensure the Index voice is heard and that we play a driving role in relevant industry wide initiatives.
- Productively partner with internal Index Exchange subject matter experts and business development specialists to develop personal expertise in Index’s full product & service offering – and establish strategic roadmap for Italian clients to deploy Index products and services
- Build and maintain relationships with top publisher partners and agency/buyer partners in the country. (60% Buy side and 40% Sell side)
Go To Market Execution
Working in close collaboration with the Services leaders, Regional Managing Director as well as the Manager International Marketing the Country Manager will:
- Align Index Exchange product and technology capabilities directly to the needs of the local markets accounting for the degree of programmatic maturity and adoption within the country.
- Oversee requirements for country-specific marketing collateral and Partner Marketing events
- Maintain close relationships with opinion leaders and influencers
- Work closely with the Field Marketing Manager on the ground to establish localised talk tracks and content (email, video, website, blog) to best support the needs of your market
- Maintain relationships as guided by the Index communications and Southern Europe marketing team with various journalists on the ground as needed
Here's What You Need:
- Executive leadership and operational management.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must have strong communication skills and experience communicating with key stakeholders in global markets.
- Must have experience setting and reaching goals that align with overall company strategy.
- Must be agile and have experience working for a rapidly growing company where goals and vision can often change
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.