About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Vice President of Central Marketing to lead the team responsible for driving customer awareness, engagement, and advocacy of Index as a brand, its products, and services. You will have expertise across a number of marketing disciplines and lead the strategy and execution for how best to leverage these channels to help drive business growth. You will lead a number of marketing functions and teams, including 1) digital marketing channels and content (8+ websites around the globe, email programs, social media, webinars, and blog); 2) events marketing (delivering large, tent pole industry events, Index-owned events, conferences and sponsorships, and customer entertainment, as well as the annual company-wide All Hands event); 3) brand, and creative (designers and video content producers that uphold the Index brand and deliver compelling visuals, storytelling, and content). In addition to the customer-facing work, you will also manage employer brand marketing, focused on highlighting all the ways Index is a great place to work to drive talent acquisition goals.
This position reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer based in New York and will work closely with a variety of cross-functional teams, including Product Marketing, Product Management, Sales and Services, International Marketing, Communications, and Learning & Development.
What We’re Looking For:
- A strong leader, developer, and coach. Someone who builds and grows exceptional teams, leads by example, and sets a high bar
- Exceptional writer, communicator, editor, and presenter
- An exceptional marketing generalist—someone who understands and has expertise in digital marketing (website, email, social, marketing automation), events, brand, and creative and content—and knows how to connect these strategies and channels to create a holistic plan.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines for yourself and your team, with a strong history of getting things done
- Demonstrated ability to measure marketing effectiveness and employ data-driven decision-making used to drive everything you do, from digital to events to content.
- Customer focus; someone who connects regularly with Sales and customers directly to understand their needs and challenges, spends time keeping up to date on industry news and trends, and ties the customer and customer experience back to everything we do
- Ability to build trust and collaboration across many functions at all levels of the organization
- Works well through ambiguity
- Simplifies the complex—whether it’s getting to the root cause of an issue, breaking down a complex topic into something easy to understand, or working to optimize inefficiencies in the team or process
- A lifelong learner; you’re curious, dive deep, and take initiative to educate yourself on relevant topics
- Keen, detail-oriented eye and comfortable with giving feedback—works closely with teams and directs to maintain a high quality bar and continually improve the work
- Creative thinker—willing to experiment, encourages ideation and trying new things
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Leading/ building the Central Marketing team, a team of content creators, digital marketers, and events marketers.
- Fostering professional development and growth of direct reports and their teams
- Drive growth for the company through GTM strategy, adoption-driving activities, proposing outbound marketing plans, and measuring outcomes.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, competitors, and the ecosystem, and leverage it to continually update our unique selling proposition
- Work closely with Sales to ensure we are building the knowledge, tools, and collateral to do their jobs most effectively
- Work across marketing and communication teams to build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives
- Work in tandem with Product Management, Analytics, and Sales/ Services to define KPIs to assess and drive product adoption
Here's What You Need:
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience
- Proven leader with strong track record of building and leading multiple line-level teams
- Proven marketing generalist experience in a B2B environment—expertise in digital marketing, events marketing, brand, content, and creative design
- Experience in developing the customer lifecycle and marketing automation (including a lead strategy)
- Solid grasp of metrics and measurement, and ability to use data to improve performance over time
- Familiarity with marketing and related software, including Marketo, Salesforce, social media platforms, and events platforms
- An excellent business acumen to develop long-term strategic plan
- A proven track record of relationship building and managing successful partnerships
- Implementation of process and ways of working that create efficiencies and operational excellence across teams
- Balance of creative problem solver and detail-orientation
- You’re an organized self-starter, and are your own “best” critic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- A deep understanding of the programmatic advertising landscape preferred
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.