About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, self-directed, data-driven Senior Event Marketing Manager to plan and manage the strategy and execution of industry tentpole events, sponsorships, virtual events, and our annual company-wide All Hands Conference. This role will have a primary focus on strategic event marketing initiatives that aim to drive brand awareness, advocacy, and customer engagement.
This position reports directly to Event Marketing Lead based in New York, but will work globally with members of the Sales, Services, and wider Marketing organization to ensure the main outcomes for the business are achieved.
What We’re Looking For:
Success in this role requires the ability to define an event strategy, set goals, outline metrics, provide excellent project management skills, establish a deep and current knowledge of industry events that position Index competitively, and work across teams and time zones to inform and implement these event strategies. You will need to be comfortable establishing clear processes, best practices, and acting as the direct point person for key stakeholders and vendors during the planning, on-site, and post-event phases, as well as provide full-service logistical support throughout the event. The ideal candidate possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, experience with budget management, exceptional attention to detail, and previous experience at relative industry tentpole events, such as, CES, IAB Annual Leadership Meeting, Cannes Lions, DMEXCO, and AdWeek.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- End-to-end event process: Ideation, planning, internal/external communication, budgeting, reporting, executing and delivering world-class programs focused on delivering quality ROI, and measurable business impact.
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that align with stakeholder needs as well as Index Exchange strategic bets.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders including leadership.
- Independently engage key stakeholders as well as internal and external partners throughout the event planning and execution process to identify event objectives, content strategy, goals, attendee list, communications, speaker management, and other tasks as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships with production partners, industry partners, and creative agencies to execute events and activations on-time and within defined budget parameters using Index’s business, finance and legal guidelines.
- Lead negotiations on cost, terms and conditions, and scope of work for event suppliers and venues.
- Work closely with the communications team to serve as the producer and technical lead for Index Exchange virtual events. Responsible for virtual event setup, registration, and event-related materials. The producer provides speakers with platform training and day-of technical support.
- Utilize project management skills making efficient use of all resources to execute projects, including risk management, issue resolution, change management, and contingency planning.
- Define and execute pre-, during and post-event communications activities.
- Manage event budgets related to your responsibilities.
Here's What You Need:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in event management and event marketing
- Demonstrated success in event management and project management with a focus on operational excellence
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities–on time and within budget
- Experience defining program requirements and using metrics to determine improvements
- Experience working across multiple teams and disciplines collaboratively and effectively
- Experience with large-scale event budget management
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to develop strategy by taking broad visions and developing structured plans, actions, and measurable metrics, and then executing on those plans.
- Understanding of brand representation within internal and external projects
- Willingness to travel (as needed)
- Familiarity with the digital media marketplace and programmatic advertising would be an asset
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.