About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
About The Role:
We’re looking for a Director, Product Marketing - Advanced Channels and Formats to drive awareness, understanding, and adoption of our solutions for connected TV (CTV) and mobile app channels, as well as for advanced formats, including video and native. This will include hiring and leading a small team of product marketers to drive go to market (GTM) strategy and execution, build thought leadership, support the sales and services teams via collateral and training, and working cross-org to ensure we have a continuous outbound marketing strategy in place.
This position reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer based in New York and will work closely with a variety of cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Sales and Services, Marketing, Communications, Learning & Development, Finance & Analytics, and Legal.
What We’re Looking For:
- A strong leader who can flex as player/ coach to guide the development and strategy of advanced channels and formats
- Exceptional writer, communicator, editor, and presenter
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines for yourself and your team, with a strong history of getting things done
- Demonstrated data-driven decision-making used to drive product adoption and inform positioning and go to market strategy
- Demonstrated ability to drive product positioning development across a broad portfolio of solutions and customer segments
- Customer focus; someone who connects regularly with Sales and customers directly to understand their needs and challenges, and ties the customer back to everything we do
- Assesses industry competitive dynamics and market share
- Proactive about thought leadership and share of mind, goes out of the way to find opportunities to grow the broader objective of the product area in the industry at large, be it on stage, in the trades, or otherwise
- Ability to build trust and collaboration across many functions at all levels of the organization
- Works well through ambiguity
- Simplifies the complex—whether it’s getting to the root cause of an issue, breaking down a complex topic into something easy to understand, or working to optimize inefficiencies in the team or process
- A lifelong learner; you’re curious, dive deep, and take initiative to educate yourself on relevant topics
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Build and develop a newly forming product marketing team in product areas that are newer to Index and represent immense growth opportunities for our customers and the company
- Foster professional development and growth of direct reports
- Build out the value proposition and messaging narrative across CTV, mobile app, video, and native products
- Build competencies for the marketing role in addressing new audience types, like mobile app developers
- Drive growth for the company through GTM strategy, adoption-driving activities, proposing outbound marketing plans, and measuring outcomes.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, competitors, and the ecosystem, and leverage it to continually update our unique selling proposition
- Work closely with Sales and Services team, providing them with the collateral and training they need to successful sell and support our solutions
- Work across marketing and communication teams to build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives
- Work in tandem with Product Management, Analytics, and Sales/ Services to define KPIs to assess and drive product adoption
Here's What You Need:
- 6+ years of overall work experience, with 5+ in in product marketing or product management roles
- A deep understanding of the programmatic advertising landscape
- Proven leader with strong track record leading teams
- An excellent business acumen to develop long-term strategic plan
- A proven track record of relationship building and managing successful partnerships
- The rare balance of creative problem solver and being detail-oriented
- You’re an organized, self-starter, and are your own “best” critic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- External speaker – panels, industry events
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.