Index is a global advertising technology company helping media owners monetize their digital content through advertising so that consumers can continue enjoying free and open access to content online.
We shaped the earliest forms of ad tech, and we’re looking for the technical expertise to help shape its future. Our customers have unique problems that can be solved at scale, and that’s where the technical skills of our team make a real difference. Our exchange handles more than 220 billion requests every day (which is even more than the New York Stock Exchange), and every member of our engineering team has an enormous amount of autonomy in building code that supports that level of scale. Through the transparency of our technology, dedication to innovation, and long-standing customer relationships, we lead through change.
We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers.
What’s it like to work at Index?
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. We’re built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
Our culture of success is truly supportive and collaborative. In working together across our teams, we’re continually investing in the people and technology to solve the industry’s most complex problems. As we extend the promise of ad tech to every channel, we’re looking for talented engineers to help advance Index, and the industry, forward.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
You may or may not tick off every box, and that’s ok. Each person brings a different background and different skills. If you think you are a good match for what we are looking for, tell us why!
What We’re Looking For:
- Creative problem solver with a strong can-do attitude
- Critical thinker and solution oriented
- Eager to learn new technologies and adapt to changing business needs
- Strong communication skills
- Team player but also able to work independently
- Strong customer service skills
- Willing to learn and expand knowledge
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Server administration
- Writing code for integrations and new things like Slack apps
- Application support and administration
- Writing tests and documentation for your awesome code
- Meeting with clients to gather requirements and generate workflows
- Training and presentations
- Performing extra tasks and projects supporting the team where needed
Here's What You Need:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant professional developer or support experience.
- Ability to work with APIs and build custom integrations
- Hands-on experience developing and testing in Python, Powershell, and Java/Groovy
- Knowledge of Linux Bash scripting
- Experience with Docker, server maintenance and monitoring
- You have good knowledge of the git version control system
- Understanding of Incident Response programs and processes; including triaging and resolving production incidents at an organization with challenging SLAs and customer expectations
- Additional bonus points for experience building within the following applications:
- CI/CD system such as CircleCi or Jenkins
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.