About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
The Director, Buyer Development will be responsible for owning strategic client relationships across a portfolio of agencies and brands. They will work closely with their account management counterparts and other regional leaders, and focus on continued revenue growth and the development of the sales strategy. They will actively manage regional budgets. Identifying and developing best practices for the sales org as well as “level-selling” within agencies and brands will be keys to success. They will work internally with other parts of the organization and continuously provide feedback on where the market is headed and what our customers need.
What We’re Looking For:
- You can turn relationships into truly strategic partnerships that drive growth for the business
- You are a consultative seller focused on solving your customers’ business needs
- You are a natural leader with experience of managing sellers or account managers.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead customer portfolio with focus on identifying revenue growth within both agency and brand direct relationships
- Mentor, develop, and support other sellers in the region
- Help launch emerging products and sell our strong suite of offerings to clients
- Establish and maintain partnerships with the major agency holding companies in collaboration with leadership
- Own strategic and leadership relationships at agencies and brands – Director, VP, etc.
- Contribute to buyer team best practices and process, and work with regional lead to develop sales strategy for the market
- Monitor region pacing and team activity using internal tools such as Salesforce and Looker
- Participate in quarterly business planning inclusive of your region’s bottom’s up revenue forecasting, identifying revenue growth opportunities and necessary resources needed to support fast growth
- Work with marketing and internal stakeholders to identify regional marketing strategies to expand brand presence within each market
Here's What You Need:
- You have 6+ years' experience selling to agencies and brands with at least 2+ years directly working in the programmatic landscape
- You have developed regional sales strategies across a portfolio of customers
- You have deep customer relationships across agencies in brands in the region you will be leading
- You have experience managing other sellers and are interested in growing into a leadership position at some point
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.