Index is a global advertising technology company helping media owners monetize their digital content through advertising so that consumers can continue enjoying free and open access to content online.
We shaped the earliest forms of ad tech, and we’re looking for the technical expertise to help shape its future. Our customers have unique problems that can be solved at scale, and that’s where the technical skills of our team make a real difference. Our exchange handles more than 220 billion requests every day (which is even more than the New York Stock Exchange), and every member of our engineering team has an enormous amount of autonomy in building code that supports that level of scale. Through the transparency of our technology, dedication to innovation, and long-standing customer relationships, we lead through change.
We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers.
What’s it like to work at Index?
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. We’re built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
Our culture of success is truly supportive and collaborative. In working together across our teams, we’re continually investing in the people and technology to solve the industry’s most complex problems. As we extend the promise of ad tech to every channel, we’re looking for talented engineers to help advance Index, and the industry, forward.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our team working with our IT department to develop tools to increase our automation scope as well as help us develop the future of support at Index. The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced Systems Engineer who is eager to demonstrate their leadership and technical acumen by offering guidance, mentorship and direction to our teams.
A Systems Engineer at Index
- Takes ownership of their work, works with peers in their division to avoid silos and leads by example
- Embodies cross team collaboration and extensively working with other teams across Index to achieve the team’s goals
- Contributes to standards, adheres to laid out processes and strives towards continuous improvement of engineering as a whole
- Easily applies technology principles and design techniques based on experience contributing towards complex system design considering due system constraints
What We’re Looking For:
- Problem Solver: No problem is too big for you to solve. Some daily tasks include monitoring general bandwidth, capably diagnose, troubleshoot and escalate any problems; assist users with issues and manage helpdesk tickets.
- Adaptable: You will work with other teams, often remotely, to identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Technical: You will need to be comfortable with different operating systems (Windows and Mac OS, Linux) and machines (PC, Mac) because you will be configuring and preparing hardware for new users and systems. Experience managing cloud services such as Office365 and Google Suite
- Self-Driven: You’ll be on a small team with lots of autonomy and you need to be comfortable pushing your own projects and getting things done without a lot of oversight
- Thorough: You maintain an impeccable level of cleanliness and organization and handle all issues big and small – there’s nothing beneath your station and no problem too complex/simple for you to help solve
- Personable: You love working with people and get joy out of helping them resolve problems and finding ways to work better
Here's What You Need:
- A B.Sc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, and an understanding that compromise, negotiation and practicality are important qualities
- Experience with virtualization
- Experience with networking (TCP/IP/DNS)
- Proven track record supporting Mac/Windows/Linux Operating Systems
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you – we greatly value people and interactions
- You are talented, fast learner, embrace and lead change
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.