About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Index Exchange is looking for a Partner Development Manager to join our team in Tokyo.
Your focus will be managing and growing a portfolio of mid-market accounts via our real time programmatic exchange. The Partner Development Manager will work closely with our entire Index Services team to deliver the growth strategy for our supply-side client relationships in Japan and throughout APAC. It is the Partner Development Manager’s responsibility to deliver success for your publisher clients through strategic planning across your portfolio of accounts, execute revenue driving initiatives, and ensure that Index exceeds publisher’s expectations by providing excellence in customer service to our partners.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Managing a portfolio of mid-market accounts, you will oversee the complete life-cycle of your publisher clients from the moment they sign the contract with Index; including onboarding and integration, through to daily management, growth planning, education, and insight sharing.
- Owning Index’s SOV position across your portfolio of accounts, accountable for driving growth and market share for Index through the execution of an upsell pipeline. Using your knowledge of the industry and your understanding of Index Exchange’s offering you will position complex, innovative, real-time media trading solutions as simple, accessible and easy to understand opportunities.
- Constantly seeking opportunities to add value, build relationships, deliver superior customer service, hunt for actionable insights that grow revenue for your clients, and provide a first line of account troubleshooting.
- Delivering a scaled approach to publisher strategy by analysing key performance trends across your portfolio of accounts leading to scaled account optimisations, as well as identifying and leaning into high potential accounts.
- Perform the operational duties required to ensure momentum of accounts is maintained. Your portfolio of accounts is regularly monitored and utilising Salesforce to ensure all account information is captured in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with other Services teams, your peers and your clients, to ensure consistent and clear strategic execution of publisher retention and growth strategies.
- Contribute to our culture of learning and growth at Index Exchange by sharing your expertise. We will look to you to participate in regular knowledge sharing sessions to both teach and learn new strategies for optimising and enhancing client performance.
- Be an example of Index Exchange Values and lead the way for others to follow.
Here's What You Need:
- Working knowledge of the online advertising industry, including programmatic media, advertising/publisher and network business models, and a technical understanding of ad serving, media trading, RTB and/or related advertising technology. Experience working at a publisher business or direct supply-side ad tech experience would be highly regarded.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, preferably in a business, marketing, communications or technology related field.
- Strong Japanese business language skills and proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Experience managing clients in a client facing role, managing end-to-end accounts with revenue tied KPIs based on retention, growth and continuous communication.
- Sound prioritisation and time management skills, with demonstrable experience managing a portfolio of mid-market accounts preferred but not essential.
- Curious by nature, with an aptitude for technology platforms, data analysis and a proficiency in data-driven decision making.
- Project management experience and abilities to manage stakeholders towards an agreed goal.
- The ability to work independently and to be responsible, enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated is a must.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.