Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of
change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, self-directed, and data-driven Senior Event Manager to plan and manage the strategy and execution of Index-owned events and external sponsorships, as well as ad-hoc virtual events. This role will have a primary focus on initiatives that aim to drive brand awareness, advocacy, and customer engagement. We’re a customer-first company, and the individual will need to bring unique ways to build brand appreciation.
This position reports directly to Head of International Marketing & Communications, based in London (UK), but will work globally with members of the Sales, Services, and wider Marketing organization to ensure the main outcomes for the business are achieved.
What We’re Looking For:
Success in this role requires the ability to define an event strategy, set goals, outline metrics, provide excellent project management skills, establish a deep and current knowledge of industry events that position Index competitively, and work across teams and time zones to inform and implement these event strategies. You will need to be comfortable establishing clear processes, best practices, and acting as the direct point person for key stakeholders and vendors during the planning, on-site, and post-event phases, as well as provide full-service logistical support throughout the event. The individual will need to be comfortable from setting up a high-level strategy and executive meetings to bringing this vision to life through strong ownership. The ideal candidate possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, experience with budget management, exceptional attention to detail, and previous experience at relative industry events.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- End-to-end event process, from intimate customer engagements to larger-scale events: Ideation, planning, internal/external communication, budgeting, reporting, executing, and delivering world-class programs focused on delivering quality ROI, and measurable business impact.
- Unique perspective in creating memorable customer experiences with a high quality bar
- Define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that align with stakeholder needs as well as Index Exchange strategic bets.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders including leadership.
- Independently engage key stakeholders as well as internal and external partners throughout the event planning and execution process to identify event objectives, content strategy, goals, attendee list, communications, speaker management, and other tasks as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships to execute events and activations on-time and within defined budget parameters using Index’s business, finance, and legal guidelines.
- Lead negotiations on cost, terms and conditions, and scope of work for event suppliers and venues.
- Utilize project management skills making efficient use of all resources to execute projects, including risk management, issue resolution, change management, and contingency planning.
- Define and execute pre-, during and post-event communications activities.
- Manage event budgets related to your responsibilities.
Here's What You Need:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in event management and event marketing.
- Demonstrated success in event management and project management with a focus on operational excellence.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities–on time and within budget.
- Experience defining program requirements and using metrics to determine improvements.
- Experience working across multiple teams and disciplines collaboratively and effectively.
- Experience with large-scale event budget management.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Ability to develop strategy by taking broad visions and developing structured plans, actions, and measurable metrics, and then executing on those plans.
- Understanding of brand representation within internal and external projects.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Familiarity with the digital media marketplace and programmatic advertising would be an asset.
The base salary for this role is $97,000 to $132,000. The total compensation package may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills and experience.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Index Exchange is aware that there have been recent scams directed toward candidates regarding job interviews and offers.
Please be vigilant and do not accept interview requests, job offers, or other hiring-related documents from anyone other than our dedicated recruitment team, from the domain of @indexexchange.com. Our interview process consists of several steps, including phone screens and video interviews. We do not conduct interviews via an email questionnaire or request money at any point in the process.
If you do receive these requests, please let us know immediately at: email@example.com.
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.