About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our growing, collaborative team! This role will focus on strengthening revenue for top-tier publishers via our real-time programmatic exchange. The Account Manager will work very closely across our entire Partner Services team to support strategic growth in partner relationships across North American publishers.
It is the Account Manager's job to ensure that Index Exchange exceeds our publishers’ expectations by acting as a strategic advisor to our partners. The ability to work independently and to be responsible, enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated is a must. You will use your knowledge and your understanding of Index Exchange’s offering to position complex, innovative, real-time media trading solutions as simple, accessible and easy to understand. As a publisher advocate, you will track, resolve and/or escalate client issues while communicating updates and managing expectations both internally and externally. In order to contribute to the culture of learning and growth at Index Exchange, as you develop your expertise we’ll look to you to participate in regular knowledge share sessions with the team to both teach and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing campaign performance.
Here’s what we want:
Knowledgeable: Depth of knowledge of ad tech including advertising/publisher business models, technical understanding of ad serving, wrapper technology, header bidding, media trading, RTB and/or other related advertising technology is absolutely essential
Collaborative: You’ll need to work cross-functionally with other Index Exchange Sell-Side and Product teams to implement operational strategies, create feedback/insight/reports and document new processes to help improve the partner experience
Strategic: As you learn our business we’ll look to you to identify actionable insights and new opportunities for our partners to increase revenue and drive greater marketplace demand
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing:
- Manage and develop client relationships for Index Exchange’s North American clients through the full life-cycle of the account — onboarding, client UI walk-throughs, ongoing relationship & yield management and quarterly business planning.
- Drive publisher strategy by monitoring & analyzing key performance trends and optimizing open and private marketplace performance.
- Perform operational tasks including administering creative blocks, daily performance monitoring, and custom report creation.
- Drive Index Exchange product adoption and upsells through a deep understanding of client needs and product knowledge, while being the day-to-day contact for our publisher partners and point person for all client discussions.
- Utilize Salesforce and other internal systems to ensure all account information is accurate and up to date.
- Create end-to-end strategies for new publishers and product implementations.
- Identify actionable insights and new revenue opportunities for our partners to increase revenue and drive greater marketplace demand
- Track, resolve and/or escalate client issues while communicating updates and managing expectations both internally and externally
- Participate in regular knowledge share sessions to share and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing campaign performance.
- Forecasting revenue growth of assigned clients and tracking delivery of targets and OKRs.
Here’s What You Need:
- 3-5+ years of experience managing strategic clients in a client facing role managing end-to-end accounts, with revenue tied KPIs based on retention, growth, and continuous communication
- Goal oriented approach to your clients — you are constantly seeking an opportunity to add value, build relationships, and deliver actionable insights that grow revenue for your clients
- In-depth knowledge of the online advertising industry including technology solutions, advertising/publisher and network business models, technical understanding of ad serving, media trading, RTB and/or related advertising technology
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, preferably in a business, marketing, communications or technology related field
- A proficiency for data-driven decision making and an educational pedigree which illustrates it
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.