About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Index Exchange is looking to expand our Documentation team by adding a Team Lead, Knowledge Base Documentation. Awesome products deserve awesome documentation; like our products and solutions, our documentation is expertly crafted to help our users solve problems.
You will use your leadership skills and technical writing expertise to deliver high-quality product content to both our external and internal audiences. As well as writing highly technical and user focused content, you will also lead a team of technical writing professionals to help them collaboratively meet our documentation goals. This role gives you the opportunity to combine your leadership experience with your stellar writing skills to produce high-quality, and highly technical documentation.
This position reports directly to the Director of Documentation based in Toronto and will work closely with members of the broader Product and Engineering teams.
What We’re Looking For:
- People Leadership: You enjoy working with, and leading a team of technical writers.You are building demonstrated skills to mentor and challenge your team in a way that empowers them to have incredible impact.
- Results-Oriented: You’re driven by KPIs. You understand the business problems that you’re trying to solve with your documentation and are obsessed with meeting customer needs.
- Curiosity: You’re not afraid to ask questions. You feel a strong need to understand the full context and technical concepts behind what you’re working on.
- Technical skills: You love technology and have a high technical aptitude. You can easily understand (and aren’t intimidated by) complex systems.
- End-to-end ownership: You take ownership of your assigned content platforms. You take the initiative to keep up-to-date with what we’re building and follow up when necessary to unblock yourself and move work forward.
- Passion: You take a lot of pride in your work and strive for continuous improvements.
- Empathy: You advocate for users. You have a deep understanding of their needs and align your approach accordingly.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead and mentor a team of writers to make sure that we are creating best-in-class documentation for our customers
- Identify and resolve issues relating to documentation project schedules, resource availability, documentation structure, documentation design, and deliverables
- Author complex internal-facing and external-facing technical documentation for both our internal and external knowledge bases and be able to proactively identify gaps
- Work closely with leadership to help set the vision for the architecture for our KB
- Drive structure, and content of our knowledge base documentation, always keeping customer needs in mind to guide these decisions
- Edit and peer review other writer’s work and turn these reviews into coaching opportunities
- Drive and improve team performance and processes
- Help drive team projects and lead initiatives
- Help maintain the team’s authoring tools
- Manage content localization
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in English or similar. A Technical Writing certificate or other technical certificates or diplomas are a significant asset.
- 5+ years of experience writing highly technical documentation
- 1+ years experience in managing, mentoring, and training teams of Technical Writers
- Superior organizational, analytical, project management and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively and efficiently deal with multiple projects, conflicting timelines and changing priorities
- Expert knowledge of authoring tools (such as Madcap Flare) and/or DITA to produce documentation.
- Experience managing the localization of content. Experience using a CAT tool is an asset.
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ad tech experience would be a significant asset, but is not a strict requirement.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.