Index is a global advertising technology company helping media owners monetize their digital content through advertising so that consumers can continue enjoying free and open access to content online.
We shaped the earliest forms of ad tech, and we’re looking for the technical expertise to help shape its future. Our customers have unique problems that can be solved at scale, and that’s where the technical skills of our team make a real difference. Our exchange handles more than 220 billion requests every day (which is even more than the New York Stock Exchange), and every member of our engineering team has an enormous amount of autonomy in building code that supports that level of scale. Through the transparency of our technology, dedication to innovation, and long-standing customer relationships, we lead through change.
We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers.
What’s it like to work at Index?
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. We’re built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
Our culture of success is truly supportive and collaborative. In working together across our teams, we’re continually investing in the people and technology to solve the industry’s most complex problems. As we extend the promise of ad tech to every channel, we’re looking for talented engineers to help advance Index, and the industry, forward.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience and Leadership: You are not a manager, but you do know how to work with a team of developers and can help mentor and guide junior members of the team as well as leverage your experience to make sound decisions.
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions and creative ways to tackle problems while working with others amicably and presenting your viewpoints.
- Technical Curiosity: Learning new frameworks and languages excites you – you are not satisfied with the status quo; we are always open to new ideas – that’s how we got where we are today and we need more.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Working on cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- Some of the projects will include real-time ad bidding for connected TV and optimized real-time bidding in the mobile space
- You will see your code in action every day and you won’t be bored in this role
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing and estimating work in an agile environment
- LookML: Build LookML for new datasets and create the explores for different use cases including internal/external and accounts-based permissions
- Dashboards: Create looks and dashboards, including both standalone and embedded dashboards and integrations with internal & external data sources
- Tuning and Optimization: Optimize commonly-used dashboards as well as Looker server instances to minimize response time and improve user experience
- Best practices – promote best practices with development of Looker dashboards and embedded visualizations in the user and developer community
Here's What You Need:
- 3-5 years of Looker development and BI analytics experience a MUST
- Experience with Looker PDT creation and tuning
- Looker embedded applications
- Looker instance configurations, support and maintenance
- Proficiency in writing complex and performant SQL
- Understanding of one or more database technologies
- Data analytics, data visualization, and analytical problem-solving skills
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.