About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We're looking for a Director of Product to help shape the future of omnichannel monetization and the Prebid open source community. Index was one of the originators of header bidding technology on the web, and as we look towards the future, we want your help bringing a similar disruption to other digital surfaces (including the phone in your pocket and the TV in your living room).
You will work with a cast of highly-talented PMs, who have joined us from companies like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and eBay, to build product roadmaps that will elevate Index Exchange to its next growth level. If being innovative and nimble sounds fun, and you like the idea of squaring off against the ad tech giants with a more interoperable and transparent approach, then this is the role for you!
What We’re Looking For:
- Product Sense: We think of Product as the engine that drives our company’s growth. You have solid product intuition. You’ve taken multiple great ideas from conception to market launch to bottom-line business impact. Having lived (and learned) through a few failures is good too.
- Collaborative Leadership: You’re a natural leader who can rally people across Engineering, UX, Marketing, Sales & Services into a high-functioning delivery team. You are well-organized and delivery-oriented. You can work with Project Management to herd cats and guide an Agile team through delivery against a stack ranked set of priorities.
- Technical Curiosity: You thrive on figuring out complex systems and marketplaces, identifying opportunities to simplify and improve them, and working with Engineering to make it a reality. You love working at Internet scale, and you understand how even small adjustments can have a massive impact when applied across billions of users and transactions.
- Data-centric Mindset: You make significant decisions based on real data, and you use it to convince others that you’re right, because how else would you do it? You’re great at analysis and visualization, and you not only pronounce SQL the right way but you know how to use it
- Customer Focused Mindset: You love speaking with customers: from world-leading publishers to advertisers and agencies, you’re excited to help them grow their revenue and build a thriving digital ads marketplace.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Creating product roadmaps to set both internal and external expectations about the products we’ll bring to market
- Working with commercial teams and customers (publishers, DSPs, agencies) to understand their needs, and decide which ones we should address
- Using your best judgement to make the right decisions, even when the data is imperfect; this includes saying “NO” to good ideas that simply won’t win, because they’re not great ideas
- Maintaining a prioritized set of products, features, and bugs in support of a thriving marketplace for digital advertising
- Collaborating with Design, Engineering and Project Management to deliver high-quality products and features on time
- Coordinating across numerous commercial and go-to-market stakeholders to ensure that products are launched correctly, that they can be measured appropriately, that they can be serviced, and that they meet the business objectives they were designed to achieve
- Partnering with customer service teams and early adopters to ensure that whatever we build is usable by our clients
What You Need:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Physics
- A track record of successful launches and landings (goal attainment)
- Experience in product management as well as familiarity with building and shipping within the Agile framework
- Experience with programmatic ad tech platforms, and better yet experience with the Prebid product suite
- Experience in streaming video and mobile in-app advertising would also be a huge asset
- Strong technical, communication, and analytical skills
- Flexibility for some occasional travel (when/where it’s safe to do so)
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.