Index is a global advertising technology company helping media owners monetize their digital content through advertising so that consumers can continue enjoying free and open access to content online.
We shaped the earliest forms of ad tech, and we’re looking for the technical expertise to help shape its future. Our customers have unique problems that can be solved at scale, and that’s where the technical skills of our team make a real difference. Our exchange handles more than 220 billion requests every day (which is even more than the New York Stock Exchange), and every member of our engineering team has an enormous amount of autonomy in building code that supports that level of scale. Through the transparency of our technology, dedication to innovation, and long-standing customer relationships, we lead through change.
We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers.
What’s it like to work at Index?
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. We’re built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
Our culture of success is truly supportive and collaborative. In working together across our teams, we’re continually investing in the people and technology to solve the industry’s most complex problems. As we extend the promise of ad tech to every channel, we’re looking for talented engineers to help advance Index, and the industry, forward.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
L2 Support at Index is different - we don’t have customers in the traditional sense of the word: we support a group of highly technical users including internal Index teams (Analysts, Commercial, Engineering) and representatives from our Publishers or Demand Partners, who depend on our products to see transparent data about their campaigns. We work closely with our product and engineering teams to recommend features or enhancements that improve user experience and product efficiency.
We are looking for a L2 Services Engineer to join the team that operates as a single point of contact for end users needing assistance. The ideal candidate for this role must have a solid technical background in addition to exceptional prioritization, time management and communication skills. You must also have a firm comprehension of how software is developed, high understanding of the linux terminal and exposure to a software intensive environment.
Here’s what we want:
- Technical: The goal when a ticket is received is to resolve the issue rather than push the ticket to another team. You will use problem solving techniques to dig in to find the root cause of the issue and fix it where possible by updating database tables or building software to increase efficiency
- Dynamic: L2 is one of our most vibrant teams within Engineering and you need to not only bring the skills to do the job, but the right mix of passion and personality to complement this team. Someone who takes initiative will thrive in this role as we want new ideas mixed with a lot of energy to make things happen
- Organized: You will report all issues via tracking system (JIRA), determine appropriate priority, triage and escalate all high priority issues to seniors and/or manager
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Build upon your professional experience in a software engineering role and expertise by supporting a global exchange and its features
- Use clear and concise communications skills to solicit critical information and share important updates
- Work quickly to resolve all ticketed issues that are submitted. This takes a high degree of problem solving, technical skills and logic
- Collaborate within the L2 team, as well as other departments across IX such as Product, Commercial, and other Engineering teams. Comfortable working cross-functionally is absolutely essential in this role
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.