About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Index Exchange is looking for a Team Lead, Partner Development to join our team in Tokyo.
Your focus will be leading our Partner Development team in Japan in servicing our top tier publishers via our real time programmatic exchange. This is a brand new and exciting opportunity, driving growth in APAC through regional team leadership in Japan, executing our growth strategy and delivering best in class account management across our Key Accounts.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Lead a regional team of highly focused and success driven Partner Development Managers, who are attentive to Index’s top tier publisher clients in Japan.
- Manage this team and their responsibilities of managing the complete life-cycle of the publisher from the moment they sign the contract with Index Exchange - including onboarding and integration project management, through to daily management and growth planning.
- Nurture and guide the team to see success leveraging your experience mentoring, coaching, leading and providing feedback. Performance management and creating a high performing team is critical to success in this role.
- Metrics driven, lead the team to perform operational tasks, daily performance monitoring, and custom report creation and utilise Salesforce to ensure tracking and all account information is consistently updated and maintained.
- Work cross-functionally with other Index Exchange Commercial and Product teams to implement operational strategies, provide feedback / insight / reports and document new processes to help improve the client experience.
- Lead publisher strategy by monitoring and analyzing key performance trends across the key accounts business, as well as finding ways to optimize open and private marketplace performance. This will include responsibility for delivering accurate forecasting of account revenue on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Support the execution of global strategies within the region while also identifying and driving regionally relevant strategies, including the go to market approach, MarComms initiatives and deliverables for your team.
- In order to contribute to the culture of learning and growth at Index Exchange, you will share your expertise and we’ll look to you to participate in regular knowledge sharing sessions with the team to both teach and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing client performance.
Key Account Management:
- Manage a portfolio of Key Accounts, ensuring execution of and delivery against Index’s SLAs for your clients. Drive your publisher’s revenue growth and long-term strategic planning by sharing ownership of your partner’s goals and roadmaps, and communicating these to all relevant internal stakeholders spanning services and product organizations.
- Use your deep knowledge of the industry and your understanding of Index Exchange’s offering to position complex, innovative, real-time media trading solutions as simple, accessible and easy to understand. You will draw on your experience to formulate, track, and drive to completion initiatives designed to optimize their current setup and identify areas of growth.
- Own Index’s SOV position across your portfolio, be accountable for driving growth and market share for Index through the execution of an up sell pipeline.
- Identify and build client relationships with key executives, sales, and operational stakeholders, providing meaningful insights and education on market and industry trends. Ensure your clients are informed of current and future product developments, driving adoption and sales of new solutions.
- Leverage your skills in project management to collaborate with other Services teams, your peers and your clients, to ensure consistent and clear strategic execution of publisher retention and growth strategies.
- Be an example of Index Exchange Values and lead the way for others to follow.
Here's What You Need:
- 3+ years’ experience managing individuals in a client facing role, with revenue tied KPIs based on retention, growth, and continuous communication. Your leadership will be focused on mentorship and development of employees to see career success and team growth.
- 5+ years’ programmatic experience - strong preference for publisher and/or direct ad tech experience but candidates with media sales experience will be considered.
- Goal oriented approach to your team — you are constantly seeking an opportunity to add value, build relationships, deliver superior customer service and drive actionable insights that grow revenue for your teams’ clients.
- In depth knowledge of the online advertising industry including technology solutions, advertising/publisher and network business models, technical understanding of ad serving, media trading, RTB and/or related advertising technology.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, preferably in a business, marketing, communications or technology related field is not needed but would be beneficial.
- Strong Japanese business language skills and mid-strong English language skills are a requirement
- A proficiency in data-driven decision making.
- Project Management experience and abilities to manage stakeholders towards an agreed goal.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive benefit plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.