About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
The Technical Solutions Engineering team is a group of talented full-stack developers who sit at the intersection of Customer Service and Engineering. This unique perspective creates an opportunity for our team to build innovative solutions that directly influence our customer’s experience through the full lifecycle with Index.
The Manager, Technical Solutions Engineering is a critical role within the Technical Solutions organization with ownership over the development and operations of our library of web applications and data processing jobs enabling teams that service thousands of customers and hundreds of billions of auctions per day. This team builds foundational tooling and automation to scale critical operational processes and drive efficiency in servicing to ensure customer success.
The work we do requires creative problem solving applied to a diverse set of customer use cases, the ability to write high quality code in a scalable deployment environment, an understanding of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, well-developed communication skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people. We’re looking for the right combination of personality and ingenuity to advance our team and inspire those around you and have fun doing it.
What We’re Looking For:
- Technical Leadership: You have gained experience and skills that enable you to chart a technical path for solutions, systems, and architectures. You are happy to be hands-on in the code, but your biggest impact is leading from the front and guiding others. Your role is to represent the technical health and future of the solutions you support and applying industry best practices towards designs and implementations.
- People Leadership: You know how to work with and lead a team of software engineers. You have demonstrated mentorship skills and set a technical vision to challenge your team in a way that empowers them to have incredible impact. You empower teams, who in turn build innovative solutions that deliver great customer outcomes.
- Driver of Outcomes: You are intentional in your path, establishing a vision or hypothesis, setting a direction, and guiding your team through execution. You use data to inform pivots or to validate assumptions, and partner with the Services team to set a roadmap, establish goals and forecasts to achieve both technical and business outcomes.
- End-to-End Owner: You take great pride in the solutions your team owns and delivers, and take full responsibility for their quality, health, and outcomes. You lead your team in ensuring solutions remain healthy and that technical debt is regularly paid down. When issues arise, you lead your team in responding, mitigating, and addressing the issues to learn from them for the future.
- Organizational Coordinator: You are the first point of contact for your team, your solutions, and your delivery plan. You foster a collaborative approach to delivery and leverage those relationships to unblock dependencies. You are a strong communicator and collaborator, responsive when issues arise, and celebrate successes by representing your team's achievements to the rest of the organization.
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership and management of 5-10 person teams
- A passion for cutting edge technologies, leading teams, and nurturing talent development among your team
- Experience in software development lifecycle (Agile methodologies preferred) and test driven development
- Ability to accurately estimate and monitor schedules for small to medium-sized projects
- Experience with Go is a plus
- Experience with MySQL, Kafka or other database and data streaming technologies
- Experience interfacing with CI/CD pipelines, with a preference for cross-platform stacks and containerization (Git, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of CRM and BI tools like Salesforce, Looker, and Redash will be helpful
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.