About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Reporting to the Director, Commercial Insights, the Lead Finance and Analytics Analyst will drive objectives of the Commercial Insights team, partnering with our commercial business partners to drive revenue and growth, as well as leading projects and improving processes.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Responsible for day to day deliverables of 1-2 junior analysts on the team. Provide coaching to help advance their growth and guide the team to success.
- Be an expert in Index’s data. Build and maintain efficient data solutions for the commercial business, utilising our primary BI tool, Looker.
- Drive incremental growth for Index’s customers by uncovering and delivering proactive analysis and meaningful insights to our account management teams for Index’s clients, across publishers, DSPs and buyers.
- Provide client-facing analytics for a selection of key premium publisher accounts, partnering with the account team, attending events and quarterly reviews, and identifying revenue growth opportunities via data analysis.
- Proactively support Services leadership by utilising data and research to deliver data-driven analysis which help guide business decisions that will drive growth across the exchange.
- Drive new initiatives which increase revenue and/or improve operations, utilising Index’s internal software and reporting systems such as Looker, Confluence and Salesforce.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to junior analysts to help advance their growth and guide the team to success.
- Take a lead in relevant projects and strategic programs, to drive incremental revenue, provide updates to senior leadership, and improve efficiency for the business.
- Provide analytics support and empower internal teams with knowledge and resources by delivering a range of analysis and insights for our commercial teams, via a queue based system.
- Collaborate with and provide mentorship for analytics team members across the globe.
- Interface regularly with commercial teams and senior business partners, building trust and maintaining strong internal relationships.
Here's What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance or a similar quantitative discipline combined with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience performing the responsibilities outlined above, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience with Looker or similar BI tools.
- Strong analytical mind, and an ability to be curious with data and translate it into meaningful insights.
- Ability to articulate and present data in a logical and clear manner to senior leaders.
- Ability to define processes and support change management.
- Comfort with ambiguity, and adaptable.
- Strong people skills, with a high level of empathy.
- Experience or an interest in in the ad technology industry.
- Experience with SQL or similar programming languages considered an asset.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.