About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
About The Role:
Central Operations organization at Index is a global group of innovative technologists who sit at the intersection of product, engineering, operations, sales, and Technical Account Management. This unique perspective creates an opportunity for our teams to influence our internal best practices, and dive into new and unknown territories which help cascade learnings and best practices to the rest of the organization.
We are looking for a Principal Solutions Consultant to advance our best practices for integrating and monetizing OMNI channel supply. In this role You will be responsible for working in a cross-functional team to build out and standardize best practices for integrating, working with partners, optimizing, improving performance, and setting benchmarks for Index Exchanges growing OMNI Channel business. This is an exciting time to join Index as we continue to help shape the future of the programmatic marketplace.
If you have experience within Video (especially CTV), enjoy a fast-paced environment full of interesting challenges, and want the opportunity to create innovative solutions to help some of the largest media owners and distributors monetize their digital content, then this role is the right fit for you.
What We’re Looking For:
- Video Expertise: You have an exceptionally good understanding of instream & outstream video ad serving, in addition to the CTV advertising ecosystem. You are deeply knowledgeable about Video and OMNI channel formats, and for CTV understand the different integrations and how monetization works within VAST Tags & S2S supply paths. You are familiar with streaming video and distribution (HLS, DASH), understand SSAI, transcoding, VAST/VMAP, and how ad podding works and functions in both single bid and multi-bid scenarios. You are curious in nature and take interest in understanding the latest trends in the Video & streaming media space with an interest in learning about emerging technologies.
- Customer Focused: You will use your knowledge of the programmatic advertising ecosystem and your expertise in Index’s offerings to uncover opportunities for new and existing partners to increase revenue and drive greater demand. You are comfortable handling complex technical questions and are familiar with resolving technical issues unique to Video on your own. You are tenacious at finding new and creative ways to solve technical challenges and can communicate clearly with customers' complex concepts and solutions.
- Collaborative: Index prides itself on collaboration and knowledge sharing to positively impact the success of our customers. You partner effectively with cross-functional teams to launch new products and capabilities, implement new operational processes, and generate insights to improve the customer experience and our OMNI Channel offering. You contribute to the culture of learning and growth at Index by participating in regular knowledge share sessions to both teach and learn new strategies for optimizing customer performance.
- Results Driven: You thrive in an extremely fast-paced, demanding, and results-driven environment with a laser focus on delivering against Internal and external objectives.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Become Index’s Subject Matter Expert focused on Improving and implementing new standards and best practices for our technical integrations (pre-bid, Server-side integrations, SSAI, PBS Vast Tags etc.)
- Contributing to our strategic working groups by providing them with insight into opportunities to improve our current offerings
- Regularly test and review customer integrations to ensure operational excellence and performance against key KPIs and benchmarks.
- Serve as a consultant to our most strategic OMNI Channel partners and provide solutions to address their business challenges, objectives, and identify opportunities.
- Developing a deep technical understanding of Index’s product offerings to participate in experimentation, release and development, and building of new features.
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends, integration protocols, technical specs and updated and document best practices accordingly.
- An escalation point of contact for our internal teams for technical issues, product related questions, and implementation best practices
- Define playbooks for internal and external teams to execute on integrate and migrate new and existing partners to new product offerings.
- Working with our developers to build new tools to improve operational efficiency and troubleshooting.
Here's What You Need:
- 7+ years' experience working within Ad-Tech at an Ad Exchange, SSP, DSP, or related media and entertainment content owners (Film Studios, Broadcast Networks, Cable Networks, Affiliate Media), OTT content distributors (SVOD, AVOD, FAST apps), and/or CTV OEMs, or adserver/Mediation partners (Publica, Spring Serve, Freewheel) in a Senior Technical role
- Experience integrating CTV & Video partners through VAST TAG and/or server to server integrations (like Publica, Freewheel, Spring Serve)
- Advanced knowledge of instream and outstream video advertising formats, ad rendering methodologies (VAST, VPAID, VMAP, MRAID) and the respective player nuances
- Advanced knowledge of CTV programmatic advertising, SSAI process, identity protocols, and integration methodologies (OpenRTB, IFA, Prebid Server)
- Experience with Internet protocols (IP, HTTP) and network traffic inspection tools (Charles Proxy, Proxyman, Fiddler).
- Expert Knowledge of SQL, JSON, and experience querying complex datasets to view trends, identify anomalies, and diagnose root causes.
- Advanced problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to learn and scrape KAFKA topics and parse Audit log data.
- Experience managing large projects with multiple cross functional stakeholders in different global regions.
- Advanced presentation and communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, and outside the box
Nice to Have:
- Management experience
- Familiarity with Kafka and other data streaming technologies a plus
- Familiarity with BI (Business Intelligence) tools like Looker and Redash
- Highly motivated self-starter with a persuasive and success-driven personality
- Understanding Kubernetes
- Automation and scripting experience
The base salary for this role is $127,000 to $238,000. The total compensation package may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills and experience.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.