Index is a global advertising technology company helping media owners monetize their digital content through advertising so that consumers can continue enjoying free and open access to content online.
We shaped the earliest forms of ad tech, and we’re looking for the technical expertise to help shape its future. Our customers have unique problems that can be solved at scale, and that’s where the technical skills of our team make a real difference. Our exchange handles more than 220 billion requests every day (which is even more than the New York Stock Exchange), and every member of our engineering team has an enormous amount of autonomy in building code that supports that level of scale. Through the transparency of our technology, dedication to innovation, and long-standing customer relationships, we lead through change.
We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers.
What’s it like to work at Index?
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. We’re built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
Our culture of success is truly supportive and collaborative. In working together across our teams, we’re continually investing in the people and technology to solve the industry’s most complex problems. As we extend the promise of ad tech to every channel, we’re looking for talented engineers to help advance Index, and the industry, forward.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Index Exchange is seeking an Account Manager to join our New York team! In this role you will support programmatic agencies and marketers who leverage Index Exchange’s technology through our Demand Side Platform integrations. You will be crucial to maintaining existing relationships and fostering deeper partnerships while collaborating with business development leads in an effort to grow new accounts and evangelize the Index Exchange brand in market.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strategic: Index values partnerships and providing strategic insights to the agencies and marketers who leverage our exchange. In this role, you will be responsible for not only day-to-day account management and operations but also to provide insights and recommendations to our external stakeholders around the programmatic ecosystem as a whole.
- Collaborative: In order to retain and grow our agency accounts, you will work cross-functionally with sales, analytics, technical teams, and publisher account teams to become a subject matter expert on the Index Platform in an effort to drive performance and growth of our partners.
- Communicative: You will be working with a number of clients at any given time and expected to communicate effectively, and often, both internally and externally. This is a highly visible, client facing role where building trusted relationships with agencies and marketers is essential to success.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Become the day to day contact for existing agency and brand marketer partners throughout the Central region, while delivering exceptional service and utilizing expertise of the Index Exchange platform.
- Provide insights and recommendations to customers to help them solve problems through a data centric approach.
- Partner with business development to support new business efforts.
- Collaborate with the publisher account teams to identify and secure new deal opportunities, as well as ensure the health and growth of existing deals.
- Attend relevant industry events as well as entertain partners in innovative ways that foster engagement and strategic account growth.
Here's What You Need:
- 3+ years of experience in digital media, and an in depth understanding of the programmatic advertising landscape (e.g. ad server, ad network, exchange, SSP, DSP, agency trading desk, PMP, etc.)
- Effective time management skills - ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to leverage data and analytics to solve customer problems.
- Strong communication skills - ability to be clear and concise when presenting internally and externally, organized, and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in both collaborative and independent settings, while remaining responsible, enthusiastic, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is essential. Proficiency in other Microsoft Office programs, as well Looker and similar analytical tools is considered an asset.
The base salary for this role is $95,000 to $130,000. The total compensation package may vary depending on job related knowledge, skills and experience.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.