Index is a global advertising technology company helping media owners monetize their digital content through advertising so that consumers can continue enjoying free and open access to content online.
We shaped the earliest forms of ad tech, and we’re looking for the technical expertise to help shape its future. Our customers have unique problems that can be solved at scale, and that’s where the technical skills of our team make a real difference. Our exchange handles more than 220 billion requests every day (which is even more than the New York Stock Exchange), and every member of our engineering team has an enormous amount of autonomy in building code that supports that level of scale. Through the transparency of our technology, dedication to innovation, and long-standing customer relationships, we lead through change.
We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers.
What’s it like to work at Index?
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. We’re built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
Our culture of success is truly supportive and collaborative. In working together across our teams, we’re continually investing in the people and technology to solve the industry’s most complex problems. As we extend the promise of ad tech to every channel, we’re looking for talented engineers to help advance Index, and the industry, forward.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We are looking for a seasoned Network Engineer to develop network solutions, as well as isolate and diagnose network problems.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems
- Developing technology roadmaps
- Analyzing business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework
- Developing implementation plans, test plans and project timelines for various projects
- Working with technology vendors
- Staying abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors
- Writing function requirements/specifications documents
- Solving complex problems with many variables
- Some international travel may be required
Here's What You Need:
- 10+ years’ experience in network design, operations and support
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in many of the following protocols and technologies: Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, IPv6, QoS, Netflow
- Strong knowledge of Cisco routers and switches (IOS-XE, NX OS) as well as Citrix Netscalers
- Expertise with Cisco security solutions (ASA, FirePower, Anyconnect)
- Ability to document solutions with MS Office Products, specifically, Word, Excel and Visio
- Knowledge of Linux and scripting
- Familiarity with Netflow analysis
- Cisco Certified (CCIE, CCNP) specifically in at least one of the following: CCNP Data Centre, CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNP Security
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.