Providing a receipt for every transaction allows media owners and buyers to audit spend
In an effort to standardise data delivery occurring through our platform, we’re excited to announce Client Audit Logs. Client Audit Logs (CAL) are log-level datasets, available via API, that track all auction events for both media owners and buyers.
The files provide a receipt for every transaction, empowering our customers to gather granular data and insight about each impression served and bid placed through the Index Exchange platform.
Available via API, the CAL files are available within a few hours of an auction taking place, enabling the monitoring of key KPIs. The CAL can be pulled by in-house data teams or by consolidated reporting solutions like Staq, Switchboard, Ad-Juster, and Adomik.
Our investment in data and Client Audit Logs
Over the last 18 months, we’ve made a tremendous investment in up-leveling and refactoring our entire data system with world-class hardware and tech. This means we can offer a standard, scalable solution to arm all of our customers with the data they need to derive more value from Index Exchange. By offering a standard, log-level data solution, we’re continuing our commitment to foster a healthier, more accountable digital media ecosystem.
“As an independent partner, we have found real value in the granularity of Client Audit Log data—it’s reliable and opens up new opportunities for our customers. Google provides granularity, now Index Exchange does—few others do.”Michael Manoochehri, CTO and co-founder of SWITCHBOARD
What’s available today
We’re dedicated to delivering innovative, easy-to-use solutions. Here is what’s available today through the CAL:
- Impression event feeds: A receipt for each auction won and information on where the ad was served
- Bid event feeds: A receipt for a bid logged by a DSP to Index
- For publisher bid feeds, we provide the top five bids submitted for each auction (by CPM)
- For buyer bid feeds, we provide all bids submitted to Index
- Exchange rate service: The ability to convert USD revenue to any currency
- Code examples: Code to ease the aggregation, customisation and storage of CALs
- Mapping services: A service to map IDs to names
- Full bid cycle events: Bid cycle event data to evaluate the health of all bid activity
We believe that customers should be equipped to understand the ecosystem they participate in, and we’re looking forward to working together to build more personalised insights.
To learn more, review our Client Audit Log documentation or you contact your Index representative with any questions.Back to blog