About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We're looking for a Director, Strategic Accounts to join our team in the Americas. This is a key role, based in New York, that will manage the strategy and execution across all our top tier publishers in the Americas. This person will manage a team of 10+ Team Leads and Strategic Account Managers across our office locations within North America (New York, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco). The Director, Strategic Accounts will be responsible for development of the account management team strategies, implementing strategic account plans, driving growth, and managing the largest business within North America Client Services.
The Director, Strategic Accounts will ensure that Index Exchange exceeds our clients’ expectations by spearheading the vision for the team of Strategic Account Managers. The ability to encourage, support, take responsibility, be enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated is a must.
You will use your deep knowledge of the industry and your understanding of Index Exchange’s offering to position complex, innovative, real-time media trading solutions as simple, accessible and easy to understand. You will draw on your experience to formulate, track, and drive to completion initiatives designed to enhance and strengthen our client relationships. In order to contribute to the culture of learning and growth at Index Exchange, you are expected to share your expertise and we’ll look to you to participate in regular knowledge sharing sessions with the team to both teach and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing client performance.
What We’re Looking For:
Mentorship: Our current team has the knowledge, ability, and drive to make a huge impact on our growth as a company. In this role, you will be expected to nurture and guide the team to see success leveraging your experience mentoring, coaching, leading, and providing feedback. Your partnership with the current and future team should reflect that of our open and transparent culture, capitalizing on employee retention and career development.
Knowledgeable: Depth of knowledge of ad tech including advertising/publisher business models, technical understanding of ad serving, Index Exchange Library technology, header bidding, media trading, RTB and/or other related advertising technology.
Collaborative: You’ll need to work cross-functionally with other Index Exchange Commercial and Product teams to implement operational strategies, provide feedback/insight/reports and document new processes to help improve the client experience.
Strategic: An expert in strategic account management. We’ll look to you to identify actionable insights and new opportunities for our clients to increase revenue and drive greater marketplace demand. Provided upward feedback to leadership for the purpose of formulating longer term business strategies and plans.
Leader: You will be responsible for supporting the execution of global strategies within the region while also identifying and driving regionally relevant strategies, including the go to market approach and deliverables for your team. As the leader of the team, you will support them in their day to day responsibilities and career development. Exhibiting and promoting the Index Exchange values in all interactions.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing:
- The Director, Strategic Accounts will manage a team and their responsibilities of managing the complete life-cycle of the publisher from the moment they sign the contract with Index Exchange - including onboarding and integration project management, through to daily management, strategic planning and continue to find opportunities to grow the client’s business with Index Exchange.
- The customer service experience will center entirely around the Strategic Account Management team who will share accountability for maximizing revenue potential while acting as the primary contacts and project managers for all customer needs — pre-sales support, onboarding, client UI walk-throughs, ongoing relationship & yield management and quarterly business planning
- Leveraging skills in project management to collaborate with other Services team to ensure consistent, and clear strategic execution of publisher retention and growth strategies
- Lead publisher strategy by monitoring & analyzing key performance trends, and optimizing open and private marketplace performance
- Perform operational tasks, daily performance monitoring, and custom report creation and utilize Salesforce to ensure tracking and all account information is consistently updated and maintained
- Lead and contribute to internal or external Projects and initiatives. Manage these Projects effectively through to completion.
- Be an example of Index Exchange Values and lead the way for others to follow.
- Regional travel to connect with team members and clients will be expected.
Here’s What You Need:
- 8-10+ years experience managing individuals and managers in a client facing role, with revenue tied KPIs based on retention, growth, and continuous communication. Your leadership will be focused on mentorship and development of employees to see career success and team growth across regions and offices.
- 5+ Years of Programmatic Experience - preference for direct AdTech experience but candidates with media sales experience will be considered
- Goal oriented approach to your team — you are constantly seeking an opportunity to add value, build relationships, and deliver actionable insights that grow revenue for your teams clients
- In depth knowledge of the online advertising industry including technology solutions, advertising/publisher and network business models, technical understanding of ad serving, media trading, RTB and/or related advertising technology
- A proficiency for data-driven decision making
- Project Management experience and abilities to manage stakeholders towards an agreed goal
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.