About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We’re looking for a Director, Account Management to join our Buyer Team in APAC. This is a key role, based in Sydney, that will manage the regional strategy and execution of agency and marketer business within account management. This person will manage a team of 5+ account managers, who support our agencies and brands throughout APAC. This role will be responsible for collaborating with sales leadership on developing a regional strategy, spearheading the account management vision, objectives and goals for the regional team, and ensuring the team is exceeding our customer’s expectations by delivering on our high service standards. The ability to encourage and support the team, take responsibility, be enthusiastic, proactive and self-motivated is a must.
You will use your deep knowledge of the industry and your understanding of Index Exchange’s offering to position complex, innovative, real-time media trading solutions as simple, accessible and easy to understand. You will draw on your experience to formulate, track, and drive to completion initiatives that are designed to enhance and strengthen our client relationships. In order to contribute to the culture of learning and growth at Index Exchange, you are expected to share your expertise and we’ll look to you to participate in regular knowledge sharing sessions with the team to both teach and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing client performance.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Manage the APAC Buyer Account Management team and their responsibilities of managing the agency and brand marketer business.
- Set the standards for delivering excellent customer service for the buyer account management function and ensure the team is acting as the primary contacts for day-to-day customer needs in both a proactive and reactive fashion.
- Ensure delivery on key customer objectives, initiatives and account plans.
- Support the team through frequent communication and upward feedback on wins and challenges. Knowing when to escalate challenges and roadblocks and providing solutions to problems faced.
- Collaborate with APAC Buyer Sales leadership to develop a market strategy on a quarterly basis that is communicated across the organization at all levels.
- Accountable to revenue goals for the agency and marketer business on a regional level, and ensure each member understands their targets, KPIs and measures of success on a quarterly basis.
- Lead team wide initiatives that focus on the core pillars of developing, coaching, and mentoring our people, improving and optimizing processes and maximizing growth.
- Perform operational tasks where needed – included regional performance monitoring and flagging troubleshooting/ escalations as needed, custom report creation and utilizing Salesforce to ensure the team is tracking and updating account information consistently and with accuracy.
- Leverage skills in project management to lead and/or collaborate with other Services teams on strategic projects or initiatives – both internal and external. Manage these projects through to completion.
- Be an example of Index Exchange Values and lead the way for others to follow.
- Regional travel to connect with team members and clients will be expected.
Here's What You Need:
- 7+ years of programmatic experience- preference for direct AdTech experience but candidates with media sales experience will be considered
- 5+ years of management Experience, focused on mentorship and development of employees to see career success and team growth across multiple regions.
- Goal oriented approach to your team — you are constantly seeking an opportunity to add value, build relationships, and deliver actionable insights that grow revenue for your teams clients
- In depth knowledge of the online advertising industry including technology solutions, advertising/publisher and network business models, technical understanding of ad serving, media trading, RTB and/or related advertising technology. In-depth knowledge on AUNZ and JP buy side market a plus.
- A proficiency for data-driven decision making.
- Project Management experience and abilities to manage stakeholders towards an agreed goal
- Native fluency in English is required. Other language skills would be considered a bonus.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.