About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Index Exchange is looking for a Strategic Partner Development Director with outstanding ad technology, leadership, and consultative experience to join our growing New York team. This position within our Services Organization is central to the long-term success of IX’s top tier publishers. The Strategic Partner Development Director (SPD) will oversee and be held accountable for the lifetime success and revenue growth of a portfolio of our top publisher partners. In order to solidify Index Exchange’s position as the most valuable programmatic partner with our strategic publishers, the SPD will cultivate relationships and work closely with senior business leaders and technical stakeholders to lead growth and adoption of products.
What We’re Looking For:
Engaged: In this role, you will be expected to build lasting relationships with our publishers and act as the key executive level stakeholder and industry thought leader. Our clients drive our business forward and we take a white glove approach to service, communication and planning/delivery across all initiatives.
Collaborative: In addition to acting as the senior representative of Index Exchange to our publisher partners, you will work cross-functionally with Partner Development, Solutions Consulting, and Exchange Analytics teams in order to develop, execute and measure strategies that enable our publishers to succeed. The Index Exchange service structure allows for you to collaborate and utilize subject matter experts in your evaluation and planning with our publishers.
Consultative: Depth of knowledge of ad tech including advertising/publisher business models, technical understanding of ad serving, wrapper technology, header bidding, media trading, RTB and/or other related advertising technology is absolutely essential as you work to manage the complex needs of our publisher partners. You will use that knowledge and your understanding of Index Exchange's offering to uncover new opportunities and position complex, innovative solutions as simple, accessible, and easy to understand concepts.
Results Driven: You thrive in an extremely fast-paced, demanding, and results-driven environment with a laser focus on delivering against individual and team targets on a monthly and quarterly basis. You possess a demonstrated ability and expertise in making existing deals much larger and accelerating client and revenue growth.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Be accountable for publisher revenue growth and long-term strategic planning by sharing ownership of your partner’s goals and roadmaps, and communicating with all relevant internal stakeholders spanning services and product organizations. Our client’s revenue goals are our revenue goals!
- Project manage the end to end (idea to execution) implementation of all strategic client initiatives beginning at the onboarding process and spanning the client lifetime journey
- Identify and build relationships with key executives, sales, and operational stakeholder
- Deliver meaningful insights and educate partners on market or industry trends and opportunities
- Outline current and future product developments to key stakeholders and drive adoption and sales of new solutions
- Develop, own, and be accountable for planning models to ensure accurate forecasting of account revenue on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Oversee the implementation, management, and renewal of client contracts and commercial terms discussions
- Use analytical tools to continuously monitor and troubleshoot the health of publisher portfolio.
- Align with the publisher sales teams and Index Exchange Demand Team to identify and drive private-marketplace and budgeted deal opportunities consistent with the publisher’s sales strategy
- Work closely with the MarComm organization to identify and drive the execution of PR Opportunities, Case Studies, Content Marketing events, and Testimonials.
Here's What You Need:
- 7-10+ years of work experience, 7+ in business development, client relationships, and solution-based selling in the online or programmatic advertising industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the online advertising industry including technology solutions, advertising/publisher and network business models, technical understanding of ad serving, auction dynamics, media trading, RTB and/or related advertising technology.
- Expert knowledge of RFI processes, info secs, legal/commercial terms negotiations, UI demos, integrations project management
- Proficiency in both business and technical solutions and sales processes
- Demonstrated ability and expertise in making existing deals much larger and accelerating client and revenue growth
- Proficiency in diagnosing up-selling opportunities, commercial terms, competitive threats
- Proven experience with product commercialization efforts and ongoing internal/external training programs for products and business strategies
- A proficiency for data-driven decision making and an educational pedigree which illustrates it
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, preferably in a business, marketing, communications or technology related field
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.