About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
The Compensation Manager is a critical position on the People Operations team. Reporting to Director, People Operations, this role is lead for Compensation and all Rewards Programs at Index Exchange. Design ongoing total rewards strategy to support and sustain a high performing culture that attracts, motivates, retains and rewards.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of theory, principles and practices of total rewards, compensation, pay structure design and development, short term / long term incentive programs.
- Knowledge of group benefits principles and experience with group benefits administration
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to effectively problem solve and work autonomously, sometimes under pressure, to meet deadlines.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Main point of contact for all global Benefits, Rewards and Disability programs
- Develop and maintain total rewards policies and procedures, in partnership with the People Operations Manager
- Responsible for Job Evaluation requests & Market Surveys in reviewing new positions and providing salary recommendations
- Track a variety of metrics related to compensation and benefits, monitoring the competitiveness of organization pay structure and benefits administration against similar employers and recommending adjustments as needed based on industry
- Assist with the development, preparation and distribution of Total Rewards communication materials
- Maintain all annual / Quarterly compensation and variable compensation cycles
- Provide training and support to enhance understanding of compensation and benefits programs,
- Manage HR Information, ensuring data accuracy, integrity and compliance with relevant policies and governance
- Participate in Retirement Committee in US and CAD
- Lead the benefits renewal cycles for each country, continuously monitoring for cost savings, operational efficiencies and improved employee experience.
- Consults with local brokers and advisers to review benefits plan design, market benchmarking, market rates, and global pooling arrangements.
- Participate in process and procedures improvement for the Total Rewards function and ensure documentation is updated regularly
- Analyze and make compensation and benefits recommendations using internal and external data, including industry trends, best practices, tax and legislative requirements
- Advanced analytic and problem-solving skills to prepare and maintain a variety of reports related to rewards, benefits and broader HR practices.
Here's What You Need:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 3-5 years working in a Total Rewards function as an Analyst or Specialist
- Experience administering stock plans an asset
- Experience generating People Analytics dashboards
- Experience using Excel to analyze data sets quickly and accurately (i.e. basic formulas, VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables)
- Experience with HRIS software such as Namely or similar an asset
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.