Index is a global advertising technology company helping media owners monetize their digital content through advertising so that consumers can continue enjoying free and open access to content online.
We shaped the earliest forms of ad tech, and we’re looking for the technical expertise to help shape its future. Our customers have unique problems that can be solved at scale, and that’s where the technical skills of our team make a real difference. Our exchange handles more than 220 billion requests every day (which is even more than the New York Stock Exchange), and every member of our engineering team has an enormous amount of autonomy in building code that supports that level of scale. Through the transparency of our technology, dedication to innovation, and long-standing customer relationships, we lead through change.
We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers.
What’s it like to work at Index?
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. We’re built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
Our culture of success is truly supportive and collaborative. In working together across our teams, we’re continually investing in the people and technology to solve the industry’s most complex problems. As we extend the promise of ad tech to every channel, we’re looking for talented engineers to help advance Index, and the industry, forward.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
This is a ripe opportunity for a Machine Learning Expert to help a successful ad tech company leverage ML to further optimize our wealth of data and elevate our world-class platform to greater heights.
We have our first generation of successful ML projects live and are well on our way to our second. With Machine Learning continuing to mature, the ability to influence core architectures are huge and there are significant untapped business opportunities with our growing data and transaction volume. We are looking for a candidate with a track record of large-scale end to end ML solutions.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Design, develop and implementation of complex data-centric solutions, including large data set verification, transformation, and feature generation
- Ensure continuous high-quality input for ML model development
- Design and implementation of model delivery systems
- Design efficient data collection and ETL processes
- Develop effective strategies on deployment and hosting of ML models
- Manage and monitor deployed models
- Ability to deploy fast or real time inferencing a plus
Here's What You Need:
- Masters or PhD in a STEM field or equivalent experience in a Data Scientist or closely related role
- Industry experience applying ML
- Extensive knowledge of production infrastructure and pipelines for ML models (MLOps)
- Experience with several of the following: Classification, Regression, Pattern Recognition, Recommendation Systems, Targeting Systems, Ranking Systems
- Experience with Python or other relevant programming languages and Machine Learning frameworks
- Work on functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, and defining support procedures
- Interest in performance optimizations
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Strong business acumen
- Experience working with an advanced engineering team
- Knowledge of best practices for software engineering
- Bonus if you have a software engineering background
Nice to Have:
- Experience with participating in the machine learning competitions such as Kaggle
- Published articles or papers
- Experience in ad tech (i.e. knowledge of digital programmatic advertising data)
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.