We shaped the earliest forms of ad tech, and we’re looking for the technical expertise to help shape its future. Our customers have unique problems that can only be solved at internet scale, and that’s where the technical skills of our team make a real difference.
Our exchange handles over 300 billion requests every day (for comparison Google serves an estimated 9 billion searches a day), all running in our own global data centers. Every member of our technology team has an enormous amount of autonomy in building and managing our systems to support and enable our growing level of scale. Through the transparency of our technology, dedication to innovation and integrity, and long-standing customer relationships, we lead through change.
What’s it like to work at Index?
We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. We’re built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
Our culture of success is truly supportive and collaborative. In working together across our teams, we’re continually investing in the people and technology to solve the industry’s most complex problems. As we extend the promise of ad tech to every channel, we’re looking for talented engineers to help advance Index, and the industry, forward.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Index Exchange funds the open web. Content and journalism across the internet are funded through advertising, and we are the engine that helps to make that happen transparently, safely and efficiently. Handling hundreds of billions of auctions per day within milliseconds requires an intense understanding of the exchange and the ecosystem that we live in.
Our business is growing significantly every year and is poised to grow even faster. Our people and our platforms are the foundation and enabler of that growth. We are significantly expanding our technology teams, and are looking for technologists with a passion for high performance software development, and a drive to deliver software products and platforms that enable and empower industries at a global scale.
About The Role:
As a NOC (Network Operations Center) Lead Manager, India - you will be responsible for building and managing a team of dedicated professionals who will monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize Index Exchange’s 24x7 technology infrastructure. You will play a critical role in establishing and maintaining an efficient NOC operation in the region and ensuring the smooth operation of our network and systems delivering high-quality service to our customers.
Index’s scale spans the globe, our transactions happen 24x7 in our global data centers, and every second that passes millions of requests are evaluated across our exchange. In order to achieve our mission, global efficiency and reliability are absolutely key, as every millisecond quite literally counts in our business.
What We’re Looking For:
- Facilitator: It’s essential that you can relay information and ideas effectively both within and across different teams. While we place a huge premium on technical skill, we value just as much your ability to work with other people.
- Adaptable: Our industry moves fast, and we need you to keep up and adapt. Acting as a NOC Manager you have the ability to prioritize tasks, often against competing scope and timelines.
- Technical: A strong foundation in technical operations management, and experience in solving complex problems and building solutions (Real-time monitoring, production issues, process introduction & improvements, etc.).
- Rigorous: We design and manage massive, globally distributed systems that handle billions of transactions a day - your approach and solutions need to be thorough, scalable, and ironclad.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Team Building: Recruit, hire, and train a skilled team of NOC technicians to establish a fully operational NOC from scratch. Develop team goals, performance metrics, and performance evaluation processes. Foster a collaborative and inclusive team culture that promotes teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Infrastructure Monitoring and Troubleshooting: Oversee the monitoring of our company's global infrastructure using management tools to detect and resolve infrastructure issues proactively. Lead the troubleshooting efforts to resolve incidents in a timely manner, and escalate issues to appropriate teams for further investigation and resolution when necessary.
- Incident Management: Establish and enforce incident management procedures, including incident reporting, escalation, and resolution processes. Coordinate with other engineering teams and external vendors to resolve technology incidents, minimize downtime, and ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Infrastructure Optimization: Analyze infrastructure performance data, identify trends, and develop strategies to optimize performance and minimize disruptions. Collaborate with other engineering teams to implement improvements, upgrades, and changes to enhance infrastructure reliability, capacity, and security.
- Documentation and Reporting: Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation, including network diagrams, run books & standard operating procedures (SOPs), and incident reports. Generate regular reports on performance, incidents, and trends to senior management and stakeholders.
- Vendor Management: Establish and maintain relationships with technology equipment vendors, service providers, and other relevant stakeholders. Coordinate with vendors to resolve technical issues, manage maintenance contracts, and ensure timely delivery of services and equipment.
- Training and Development: Provide ongoing training and professional development opportunities to the NOC team to enhance their technical skills, industry knowledge, and job performance. Mentor and coach team members to foster their growth and career advancement.
Here's What You Need:
- Proven experience in building and managing a 24x7 Network Operations team working with peers and colleagues across an organization distributed around the globe
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, mentor, and develop a high-performing team.
- In-depth knowledge of on-premise & cloud technology concepts, protocols, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of monitoring tools, incident management processes, and optimization strategies.
- Ability to analyze complex technical issues, develop effective solutions, and make informed decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Company paid comprehensive health and life insurance plans
- Paid Time off and flexible work schedules
- Company contribution to Provident Fund
- Participation in our company Stock options plan
- Company paid Parental Leave
- Monthly internet stipend
- One Time Office Set up Allowance
- Quarterly Wellness allowance
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Volunteer paid day off
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
Index Everywhere, Index Anywhere
Our corporate headquarters are in Toronto, with major offices in New York, Montreal, Kitchener, London, San Francisco, and many other global cities. As a major global advertising exchange, we are committed to operating as a tightly knit global team and embracing and empowering talent wherever our colleagues may be. All our technology positions and teams are open to remote and virtual work.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.