About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We're looking for a Product Marketing Director with a desire to make an impact on our growing global business. Our Product Marketing team works closely with the Sales, Product, and Marketing & Communications teams to drive strategy, awareness, and adoption of our suite of products.
This role will cover our bidding solutions, which allows our clients to secure access to valuable advertising inventory through Prebid.js, Prebid server, and Index Exchange Library. This role will require you to be externally-facing, engaging closely with the Prebid.org Community other partners.
It’s an exciting time to join the team. You will be part of an effort to overhaul and expand the Product Marketing function within the organization. This work will have broad impact to the global business, both internally and externally.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Have a full understanding of our product roadmap and actively execute on internal and external education around the product roadmap for the product suite you’ll be supporting
- Work hand-in-hand with the Product team to develop value propositions and messaging, and clearly articulate through a variety of channels, including sales collateral, training, case studies, and client communications
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, competitors, and the ecosystem, and leverage it to continually update our unique selling proposition
- Work cross functionally across the Marketing and Product teams to develop and effectively implement the go-to-market strategy for new products and partnerships globally
- Work closely with Sales to ensure we are building the knowledge, tools, and collateral to do their jobs most effectively
- Represent Index Exchange within the Prebid.org marketing committee
- Work with the Engagement and Experiential teams to build a roadmap of ongoing, cross-channel, strategic marketing initiatives at a product line level
- Work in tandem with Product Management to define product KPIs to assess and drive product adoption
What We’re Looking For:
- Highly organized individual who can work across teams and balance multiple priorities and deadlines, with a strong history of getting things done
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Ability to take complex technical concepts and create outputs that are accessible and clear to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated data-driven decision-making used to drive product adoption and inform positioning and go-to-market strategy
- Demonstrated experience and ability to drive product positioning development
- Customer-focused; someone who connects regularly with Sales and customers directly to understand their needs and challenges
- Collaborative, curious, self-driven learner
- Capable of assessing industry competitive dynamics and market share
- Proactive about thought leadership and share of mind, goes out of the way to find opportunities to grow the broader objective of the product area in the industry at large, be it on stage, in the trades, or otherwise
Here's What You Need:
- 6+ years of overall experience with 4+ years in product marketing
- Ad tech/ digital advertising experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience leading by influence
- Customer-facing experience
- Strong PowerPoint skills and ability to create compelling marketing content
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.