About Index Exchange:
Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience-makers.
We are all in on video this year. We recently rebuilt our platform from the ground up specifically for this new channel, allowing our customers to transact across every device and screen as efficiently as possible. We’re reimagining streaming TV, and it has become one of the fastest growing areas of our business.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. You will be able to feed your ambition, lean into trust & transparency, and feel genuine support from your colleagues here.
We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
We have more than 550 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Index Exchange seeks a Product Manager who combines vision with practicality to steer our Machine Learning and Optimization (MLO) initiatives. This key role, based in Europe and serving our global teams and customers, sits at the heart of our organization's complex data landscape. Every day, our exchange manages billions of ad transactions. This creates an abundance of data and complexity that challenges even the most robust reporting systems and data-driven analysis. As the Product Manager, you'll grapple with crucial problems such as identifying the impressions most likely to be purchased by different buyers, devising solutions for price prediction, and overcoming auction flooring challenges.
Candidates should bring substantial hands-on experience from technical environments, specifically in working with Data Science and Engineering teams to bring Machine Learning (ML) based features to market. A robust foundation in Statistics or Mathematics will support your work in the intricate field of Machine Learning. You'll be trusted to cultivate and expand our team's skill set from day one. You will find yourself in high-visibility, high-stakes settings, where your capacity to guide projects from concept to completion with minimal supervision and exceptional project management skills will be central to your success.
While prior experience in ad tech – with a solid understanding of programmatic advertising, DSPs, buyers, publishers, etc. – will equip you to hit the ground running, we also welcome candidates with experience in financial markets or pricing, such as airline yield management. Your inclination towards working with big data platforms and launching analytics and reporting products to market will add to your appeal. Our ideal candidate is someone who flourishes in data-rich environments, communicates superbly, and navigates efficiently across various time zones. If you're a numbers whizz who loves delving into complex technical challenges, and you're keen to create innovative products for our 3,000 publisher clients, this role could be your perfect fit.
What We’re Looking For:
- Customer & Partnership Focused Mindset: You love speaking with customers from world-leading publishers to advertisers and agencies and you’re excited to help them grow their revenue and build a thriving digital ads marketplace. The challenges you’ll face require entrepreneurial thinking and a sense for how to align incentives to grow the pie towards an open ecosystem rather than walled gardens.
- Product Sense: We think of Product as the engine that drives our company’s growth. You have solid product intuition. You’ve taken multiple great ideas from conception to market launch to bottom-line business impact. Having lived (and learned) through a few failures is good too.
- Collaborative Leadership: You’re a natural leader who can rally people across Engineering, UX, Marketing, and Sales and Services into a high-functioning delivery team. You are well-organized and delivery-oriented. You can work with Project Management to herd cats and guide an Agile team through delivery against a stack ranked set of priorities.
- Technical Curiosity: You thrive on figuring out complex systems and marketplaces, identifying opportunities to simplify and improve them, and working with Engineering to make it a reality. You love working at Internet scale, and you understand how even small adjustments can have a massive impact when applied across billions of users and transactions.
- Data-centric Mindset: You make significant decisions based on real data, and you use it to convince others that you’re right, because how else would you do it? You’re great at analysis and visualization, and you not only pronounce SQL the right way but you know how to use it.
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Working with commercial teams and customers (publishers, DSPs, agencies) to understand their needs, and decide which ones we should address.
- Analyzing experiments and model improvements to test the viability of various hypothesis
- Creating product roadmaps to set both internal and external expectations about the products we’ll bring to market. Maintaining a prioritized set of products, features, and bugs.
- Using your best judgment to make the right decisions, even when the data is imperfect; this includes saying “NO” to good ideas that simply won’t win, because they’re not great ideas.
- Collaborating with Design, Engineering, Infrastructure, Data Science, and other technology teams to deliver high-quality products and features on time.
- Coordinating across numerous commercial and go-to-market stakeholders to ensure that products are launched correctly, that they can be measured appropriately, that they can be serviced, and that they meet the business objectives they were designed to achieve.
- Partnering with customer service teams and early adopters to ensure that whatever we build is usable by our clients.
Here's What You Need:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in ad tech platforms, auctions, yield management, pricing, forecasting, advanced modeling, machine learning, or AI.
- We prefer candidates with a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Physics, or Business. However, we understand that some of the most accomplished product leaders may hold different degrees. Ultimately, we place greater emphasis on experience and relevant skills.
- A track record of successful product launches and landings
- Experience and familiarity with building and shipping within the Agile framework
- Strong technical, communication, and analytical skills
- Flexibility for some occasional travel
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
- One day off per year to volunteer
- A workplace that supports a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment – learn more here
Index Exchange is aware that there have been recent scams directed toward candidates regarding job interviews and offers.
Please be vigilant and do not accept interview requests, job offers, or other hiring-related documents from anyone other than our dedicated recruitment team, from the domain of @indexexchange.com. Our interview process consists of several steps, including phone screens and video interviews. We do not conduct interviews via an email questionnaire or request money at any point in the process.
If you do receive these requests, please let us know immediately at: email@example.com.
We remain dedicated to resolving this matter and we appreciate your support.
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.