Index is a global advertising technology company helping media owners monetize their digital content through advertising so that consumers can continue enjoying free and open access to content online.
We shaped the earliest forms of ad tech, and we’re looking for the technical expertise to help shape its future. Our customers have unique problems that can be solved at scale, and that’s where the technical skills of our team make a real difference. Our exchange handles more than 220 billion requests every day (which is even more than the New York Stock Exchange), and every member of our engineering team has an enormous amount of autonomy in building code that supports that level of scale. Through the transparency of our technology, dedication to innovation, and long-standing customer relationships, we lead through change.
We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers.
What’s it like to work at Index?
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work. We’re built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward.
Our culture of success is truly supportive and collaborative. In working together across our teams, we’re continually investing in the people and technology to solve the industry’s most complex problems. As we extend the promise of ad tech to every channel, we’re looking for talented engineers to help advance Index, and the industry, forward.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We’re looking for Software Engineers who are eager to write quality code and who may enjoy offering guidance and mentorship as well as receiving feedback with a commitment and view to continuous improvement. Do you like to disrupt, do you feel the only constant in Technology is change, well we feel the same way too.
What We’re Looking For:
- Leaders: You know how to work with a team of engineers, receiving mentorship or coaching where you may require it and offer the same to others
- Problem Solvers: You are tenacious at finding solutions and find creative ways to solve problems while working with others amicably and presenting your viewpoints
- High Standards: You enjoy designing, writing, and testing high quality scalable code, within a robust CI and CD DevOps tooling culture
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you – you’re not satisfied with the status quo. We use a variety of languages and tools to solve problems and we're interested in what you're looking to learn. We’re always open to new ideas — that’s how we got where we are today, and we need more!
Here’s What You’ll be Doing
- You’ll be working on cutting edge programmatic ad tech that touches millions of users every single day
- You’ll have very cool projects to work on and fascinating problems to solve
- Some of the projects you’ll be working on include real-time ad bidding for connected TV and optimized real-time bidding in the mobile space
- You will see your code in action every day and you definitely won’t be bored in this role
- Designing, writing, and testing robust and reliable code
- Working with users of the software to deeply understand the domain and identify opportunities for improvements
- Finding practical technological solutions to problems
- Analyzing and estimating work in an agile environment
Here's What You Need:
- 2+ to 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Expertise in design patterns for distributed systems
- You are talented, fast learner and embrace change
- A desire to work with and learn from the people around you – we greatly value people and interactions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to think differently, and an understanding that compromise, negotiation and practicality are important qualities
- Experience in designing, implementing, testing, tracing and validating distributed systems
- Experience working with Linux environments, resilient and scalable platforms is an asset
- Expertise in refactoring
- Expertise or interest in Go. If you worked in Ruby, Scala, Python or others, that's fine too!
- Experience with Docker/containers
- Experience being part of an autonomous agile/scrum team
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in a DevOps environment is an asset
- Experience with Telemetry and Metrics
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.