About Index Exchange
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers and marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers and bring news and information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising – innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges and shifts in the market. As a result, we’ve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, and Meredith Corporation among many others. Learn about Index Exchange https://www.indexexchange.com/about/.
Why you will love working here:
- Catered lunches each Friday (will resume once back in offices)
- Above average salary
- Fully stocked fridge & snack shelves
- Casual Dress
What we are looking for:
- Team Player: You will work in a six person agile team to help accomplish the team’s goals while interacting with other teams. How do you work with others to find the best solution?
- Curiosity and Drive: Do you enjoy asking questions, learning, and creating solutions?
- Problem Solvers: You don't stop until the problem gets solved and you find more than one way to solve it.
- Passion: You love tech and top-notch code and plan to make it better.
- Knowledge Hungry: Learning new frameworks and languages is exciting to you.
- Develop applications using
- Hadoop, Scala, and Spark to process large data sets (70B records/day)
- Golang, Kubernetes, and Docker to build APIs for our customers
- Contribute on merge requests, tests, and deployments in containerized environments
- See your features reflected in releases
- Participate in agile ceremonies
- Prepare design documentation and conduct studies to select optimal solutions
Required Skills & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in Computer Science, Software Eng, Comp Eng, or related field
- Database knowledge and experience
- Experience with command line and Git
- Strong communication skills, spoken and written
- Familiarity with computer science concepts and software technologies
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Golang and REST APIs
- Experience working with Spark, Scala, Hadoop
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working with Databases (MySQL, NoSQL)
- Experience working with Command Line and Git
- Bonus points for SOLID Principles, TDD, CI/CD
- A robust GitHub profile
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees and communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity and inclusion are essential to motivate, empower and recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.