About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
Our Tokyo office is growing and we’re looking for an Account Executive. In this role you will be responsible for the management and cultivation of business relationships with a portfolio of Agencies and Brands. You will need to provide marketplace guidance and ensure opportunities are being communicated through both a business and operational lens.
You will be a core part of our Tokyo office and work alongside our other teams throughout APAC. The role is a combination of hunter and farmer, though most of your attention will be on the development of new business. You will be expected to thrive in a highly technical environment and have a much higher degree of technical proficiency than would normally be expected.
What We’re Looking For:
- You can convey complex systems and technology in simple to understand terms
- You’re a very organized, self-starter, and are your own “best” critic
- You have a knack for developing relationships
- You are a creative problem solver that can also be organized and deliberate
- You have a deep understanding of programmatic advertising and our ecosystem
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- You will manage a portfolio of agency relationships and be responsible for cultivating existing relationships and establishing new ones.
- Your core focus will be to communicate the value of our SPO programs with traders, digital account teams and their leadership to drive behavioral change that results in more media purchased through Index Exchange.
- You will report to and partner with the Sales Director in your region on internal and externally facing projects.
- Additionally, you will evangelize the value of IX offerings with agency managers and trading teams.
- You will need to track your activity and manage your account focus in our CRM system, currently Salesforce.
Here's What You Need:
- You have media sales experience, ideally selling to programmatic teams
- You have perfected navigating internal relationships, working with support teams, and work in partnership with other sellers
- You have worked for, or at least with, a programmatic company before.
- Deep understanding of key markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales. Can create productive, long-term client relationships that span across multiple categories.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.