About Index Exchange: Index is a global advertising marketplace enabling media owners to grow their revenue by helping marketers reach consumers across every screen. We’re a proud industry pioneer with nearly 20 years of experience accelerating the evolution of ad technology for the world’s leading experience makers.
Index is an exciting and fast-paced place to work, and our company is built on our values of change, support, learning and teaching, trust, and intention. We pride ourselves on our independence and openness, not only in our technology, but in our teams, too. Our diverse and inclusive culture celebrates how we can leverage our unique differences to help drive Index forward. We have more than 500 Indexers around the globe dedicated to building a safe and transparent marketplace that provides a trusted experience for consumers, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help take us to the next level.
Are you ready to join the programmatic evolution?
We’re looking for an Industry Communications Manager to support Index’s thought leadership initiatives, including speaking engagements, trade organization relationships, and partner marketing efforts. Qualified candidates must have experience in developing company messaging and driving narratives in market, programming and preparing content for virtual, in-person, and global tentpole events, and must be familiar with the inner workings of the digital advertising industry. We’re looking for someone with strong communication skills, superior attention to detail, and experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including senior executives.
This position reports directly to the senior manager of communications based in New York and will work closely with members of the broader Marketing and Communications team.
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent writing and content development skills with a strong penchant for storytelling and accurately representing tone and message for various audiences
- Strong project management and communication experience
- Desire to remain informed about emerging platforms and trends, especially in the advertising and tech space
Here’s What You’ll be Doing:
- Manage Index’s thought leadership presence at external industry events and global tentpoles, developing and executing strategic programming
- Develop content and messaging to support speaking engagements and relevant communications opportunities
- Manage relationships with key industry trade associations and partners; secure relevant communication and participation opportunities
- Build relationships both internally and externally to ensure the broader Index team is always aware of or ahead of the current state of the industry
- Lead programming and speaker preparation for Index-hosted events
- Continue to build out and elevate Index’s speaker bench
Here's What You Need:
- 4+ years of industry marketing experience in the advertising, marketing, or technology spaces
- Relationship-building experience, particularly with industry thought leaders, industry association leaders, industry bodies, and event organizers
- Experience in identifying and securing presentation engagements and developing and driving strategic positioning and messaging
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans at no cost to you
- Time off and flexible work schedules
- Retirement plan with a 5% company match
- Stock options and equity packages
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly wellness stipend plus fitness discounts and quarterly wellness group activities
- Home office stipend
- Community engagement opportunities and donation-matching program
- Annual virtual company retreats and regular community-led team events
Equal employment opportunity
At Index Exchange, we believe that successful products are built by teams just as diverse as the audience who uses them. As such, we are committed to equal employment opportunities. We celebrate diversity of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Additionally, we realize that diversity is deeper than any status or classification—diversity is the human experience. For those who show grit, passion, and humility—Index will welcome you.
Accessibility for applicants with disabilities
Index Exchange is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if you’d like to request a reasonable accommodation.
*COVID-19 guidance: We have re-opened offices in various cities following local guidelines, but are continuing to maintain a flexible work environment.